Chapter: 21 Delirious and Frazzle

Chapter: 21

Lea's POV: 

It was hot. 

It was cold.

It felt like my body was burning from the inside out as cold seeped into my limps. Everything was blurry as I couldn't focus on what was happening to me right now. There was someone there with me. Someone familiar to me. Something that calls out to my inner wolf and that we were both down for the count. It was difficult to move or even try, but something did happen. Right? Something had happened, but what? 

What was it? 

With a gentle push of something against my back, I was rising up to the surface. Someone was there waiting for me. What had happened that I was in this pitch darkness? Everything was either too hot or too cold for me and I hate that more than anything else. I didn't struggle against whatever was pushing me upward as if I were swimming in the water and raising to the surface to take a deep breath of the fresh air. My eyelids peeled open as if I haven't slept at all and I was tired. Exhausted. 

There was a warm light bouncing off of rigid hard rock walls. The smell of freshly dumped snow and pine trees came wafting in through the window. A soft groan escape from my lips as pain coursed through my side and I gritted my teeth in pain. A familiar face hovered above mine as those beautiful eyes of his were filled with relief and grief. A certain sadness was there in his dark eyes as he spoke my name, "Lea..."

"Marcus..." I whispered softly to him.

He place his forehead against mine and I could practically feel him sighing with relief. With a hand against his chest, I gently push against him. He immediately backed away as I gaze up at him with a puzzled look, "Where are we?" I asked him while swallowing and feeling like I haven't drunk anything at all. It wasn't cottonmouth, but my lips were indeed cracked and my voice had come out hoarsely. 

"In a cave, for now, I had found it behind some bushes. We are safe, but I have been doing patrols and keeping an eye on your injury." He explained and answer me.

"Injury?" I blink up at him in confusion.

He places his hand against my side and a sharp hiss escapes my clenched teeth as my back arches off of something soft underneath me, "You hit something on the way down the slope and got injured. You aren't healing properly." 

"Why?" I asked him in a confused tone. 

"I don't know why." He answered in a frustrating way. 

Something about seeing this side of him had melted some of the iciness away from my frozen heart. I had locked it away as I knew it would get me into trouble and trust someone with my heart again. It wasn't something that I was ready to do but to see this side of him. It was pleasing in a way to know that he had taken care of me while I was unconscious. With a deep breath that escapes from my lips, "Stop looking like that." I swallow again, "Your going to get wriggles on your forehead." 

He actually gave a small chuckle while looking down at me, "We have a lot to talk about, Lea." 

I rose an eyebrow up at him, "I am in no condition to be talking about anything, Marcus."

He gave a watery smile and nodded, but didn't say anything. He reach over to our bags and grabbed a bottle of water out of it before unscrewing the lid. Marcus places his hand on the back of my head and helps me sit up a little while touching my lips with the water bottle. I drank greedily as I felt the cold liquid wash over my tongue and down my throat. Once that was done and he lay me back down, he screw the lid back on the bottle while setting it to the side. 

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

He paused while tilting his head to the side as a thoughtful expression fell across his face, "I believe it had been about five or four hours now."