Chapter: 16 The Bomb That was Dropped

Chapter: 16

Skyler's POV:

I was sitting in the dining room of Noah's home as I didn't want to go back to Lila's house. I look around while wondering if things would have been different if I were a normal wolf or a witch. Maybe, the same thing would have happened to me as it had been to my parents. I don't know, but it certainly made me wonder. A soft sigh escape from my lips while I hummed softly to myself. Noah was out on patrol as I was waiting for him to return back to the house. His sister Lea came into the dining room and place a bag on the table. She wore a black summer dress, her light-color brown hair was pulled up into a ponytail. 

"You know you don't have to sit here." She offered.

I only gave her a glaring look and spoke coldly to her, "Why are you here in the same room as me?"

"First, I grew up in this house, second, this is my mother's dining room, and third I had apologized to you." She snapped as her eyes were burning with shame.

"Good for you." I retorted to her while bringing my legs up to the chair and holding my legs close to my chest. 

The woman sighs deeply while looking over her shoulder and glancing out the window to the snow there. She cringed at seeing the snow on the ground as the woman glanced over at me and saw that I was watching her with a narrow look, but before she could snap at me or do whatever. Her so-called mate Marcus enter the dining room with his own black bag and gave a friendly smile to me, "I didn't know you were here, Luna." 

"It's just Skye," I reassured him while waving the title away. 

Lea scoffed while leaving and heading into the kitchen while we both watch her. "So, you have to deal with her?"

"Yes. Noah is making us go hunt down his parents and hoping that if we find them..." He began to explain. 

"You'll find my parents as well." I finished for him.

He gave another easy smile, "Yes, that's right." 

I look away from him while sighing softly to myself as I wasn't sure if they were going to find them. After all, I was able to with a magical mirror that I had accidentally shattered. It has been some time and with Thanksgiving on the way and school being out for the next three days. Who knows if I will survive Christmas either? I was quiet while speaking, "I'm guessing Noah is trying to play cupid?"

The man duck his head with a soft smile on his lips, "That's what I am guessing with us going on this trip, but I tried and tried. Only to run into a wall with that woman."

"She has her mother's temper..." I murmured softly.

"That she does." He agreed with a soft sigh.

I lower my voice and lean over to him while placing my feet back onto the floor, "Try to be open with her. I know you said you have tried, but it seems that you close yourself off again." 

"You are wise as you are beautiful, Skye." He kindly complimented me which earn him a deep growl that came from Noah.

The man only put his hands up in surrender, "I only meant it as a compliment to my Luna." 

"Keep it to yourself." His voice was guttural that flooded my panties as I had heard that voice multiple times underneath the sheets-beckoning me to come for him. His beautiful dark eyes narrow on me as his nostrils flare. The hunger that was there and the way that his nostrils flare from my arousal. A smirk spread across my lips as I remember the heated moment on the dining room table. 

The heated look was ruined once his sister Lea came out of the kitchen and smack her brother on the side of the head, "Mom's rules say to keep it in your damn pants." Noah gave her a sharp look, but Lea ignored him.