Chapter: 8 Lights Out

Chapter: 8

The library

The library. It holds so many memories and it always makes me feel a little bit warm. We were always doing such inappriotate things, but it was so secluded and no one ever comes back here which is why I like it. I was on the window seat as they had included it which is kind of new compare to the chairs and tables, but the windows look over the football field as they were practicing out there. Gym class was going on as there were girls and boys running around the field. Things have been peaceful so far, but it was only day one. Ophelia and Lila were better after using potions to heal their injuries, but they were still bruised.

Irene and Abigail had stayed home from today to keep an eye on them even with their protesting that they were all right, but they could hardly get out of their bed. Somehow, both of them ended up in one bed which made it easier for the sister witches. So, I was at school providing cover for them and attending my classes. Keeping tabs on Hayden who was keeping her distance from me for some reason which I am not sure if was a good thing or a bad thing. I didn't think too much about it, but it was a relief to not deal with that girl. 

I wasn't looking forward tonight to the Homecoming dance as I was sure since the warning with Lila and Ophelia especially the story that they told us about another witch. The one who curses Noah's mother Juliet and now it made me wonder if Noah knew about this or if Juliet did too. Lila and Ophelia implicated that they knew, but it felt like they didn't tell them all about it. So, now they tell me while knowing that I am his Luna, but I don't feel like it. I don't feel like a Luna at all. It was frustrating with everything that was going on and I hated it. I hate not being with him or next to his side, but I chose this to give us space between the two of us.

I don't think I can face him right now knowing what I know, but it felt like we were drifting away from each other. He hadn't called, texted, or even come to see at all, but I was doing my own things as well with the sister witches. Plus, fighting my own demons as well as his sister's crappy attitude as well. I didn't want to be around her which causes me to stay away from him. I was making an excuse. I know this, but I still couldn't bring myself to see him again. 

It has been a while now and my body was aching in ways that didn't feel like it had his touch in forever, but it was true. It had been forever since I had touched him or was able to, but a lot was going on. Things were still a chaotic mess. It doesn't help to know that this secret lay heavily on my shoulders about his parents. It made me wonder if it was possible for me to even tell him or if he already knew from his parents. I would only assume he did, but he didn't bother to fill me in or not. It wasn't any of my business, but it would be nice if he would have said something if he did.

Why couldn't I get an easy life? Someone to fall in love and be normal. Some drama here and there. Make it up in bed and get up every day to do the things that I would love to do. Take up some hobbies besides doing homework or mundane things, but then again. It would be boring as well. A drastic change of what it would be like to what I was, but it didn't make me feel any better to dream of a world that could be possible like that. It would be a complicated mess after all. I would be like Hayden in the dark of what had truly happened. I show her but at the same time. I didn't mean to unleashed myself as I did. Jealousy was a wicked thing, wasn't it?