Chapter: 5 Pain and Pleasure

Chapter: 5

The sun had set behind the horizon as I sat at the dining room table with Ivory and Donovan on one side and the other side was Lea and her mate Marcus Tomlinson

The sun had set behind the horizon as I sat at the dining room table with Ivory and Donovan on one side and the other side was Lea and her mate Marcus Tomlinson. Even though, none of them have mated yet because none of them could set aside their differences. This was a meeting that I had gathered and I was waiting to hear back from my parents. Hopefully, soon, they will call and give us the details. Lea reported to me about how our youngest sister was doing and that she was living with our grandmother currently and staying out of the fray as she was only six years old. Marie didn't need to be here and give Dorian the chance to use her against us. That was the last thing that we need right now was for him to learn about our little sister.

"There still hasn't been any sign of him or any moves from him at all, Noah," Donovan spoke to break the silence that had fallen over them.

"That's because he is gathering his strength and his forces together again, knowing him, he probably has something cooked up again." Marcus made a face and Ivory narrow her eyes, but she glances at Donovan who wasn't looking at her. Trouble in paradise, I presume?

"We all know this, Marcus." Lea snapped at him. "The real question is, what is the point of these sessions with the Queen of Vampires getting Skyler anywhere?"

"I kind of want to know, myself." Ivory kindly put in as well.

I gave her a look as well as my sister, but it turns into a glare once I center my dark eyes on her, "What concern is it to you, Lea? You haven't bothered to speak with her at all since you decided to lash out at her."

Lea glared right back at me, "She had it coming for the bullcrap that she put you through and her stupid move on running away like a coward. She is the Luna of the pack and she needs to start acting like it."

"Did you even bother to stick around?" I snapped at her, but before I could get further into the argument with her, the front door had closed as Skyler appeared right there with an icy look that was directed at Lea.

"That's right I am Luna. All of you are dismissed." She snapped at the four of them as Ivory and Donovan got up while walking away. Marcus did the same thing, but Lea walks up straight up to her as Skyler glared at her. Static electricity fills the air around her as Lea backs off and walks away with a huff. Slowly, Skyler turns to me as her eyes soften and I could see how tired she was, but there was a look in her eyes as well that made me curl my lips into a smirk. The infamous one that she hates so much, but she knows that she loves it.

We stare at each other while I scoot my chair back I saw her glance over her shoulder, but I knew they were gone already. Skyler did have an effect on them already, but Lea for some reason was fighting her on everything and even being in the same room. I don't know what had gotten into my sister at all. My mate had enough on her plate and she didn't need Lea's crap to deal with either. She sauntered her way over to me while leaning down to where her lips hovered over mine. Her eyes locked with my own as I felt her hand slipping down my shirt I could see the primal animalistic look in her eyes. The one that screams mine over and over again. The same thing goes through mine when I want her and I hummed softly, "Aren't we being a little forward tonight, my little minx?"