Part 1

I sit on my bed, finishing my homework. I've always been homeschooled. I never understood why everyone in stories and movies hates being homeschooled. Sure, it gets lonely but there's no annoying teenage kids slowing you down. Technically, I'm not actually supposed to be here right now. I'm supposed be hanging out with my friend, Alex, but my dad doesn't know we don't talk anymore. Whenever he wants me out of the apartment because of his team, he tells me to hangout with Alex. I just go explore New York. Dad left for a mission yesterday and I figured I would keep him less nervous and say I would hang out with Alex. I just stayed home. He isn't going to be home until tomorrow so I'm fine.

I finish up my homework and check the time. 12:00 am. Time for a midnight snack. I go out to the kitchen and go straight for the fridge. Urgh there's no good food. I turn around to look in the pantry. And there are the avengers and my dad standing there staring at me. "Luna?" He sounded pissed. "Heyyyyy" I say trying my best to not make him even more mad. "Steve? What's with the kid?" Tony Stark says. "Excuse me, I am not a kid" I snap back at him. I'm 16. I could be driving a car and work. Two very adults things. "You're still a kid and I thought you were staying with Alex" Dad says. I look away quickly. He's going to find out and then I'm going to have explain what happened. "Ok someone has to explain what's going on here" Black widow says. My dad looks at his team, back to me and then back to the team. "Well, this is my daughter, Luna. I adopted her 16 years ago and I have to keep her a secret so I keep her safe." Dad says quickly. He turns back to me. "Why aren't you with Alex" "I came home early." Scarlet witch looks at me with determination. "What?" I ask her. "Nothing" she looks away.  "Ok so this kid" Dr. Bruce Banner started. "Not a kid and I have a name" I interrupt him. "Ok so LUNA has been living with your for 16 years and we just found out" he finishes. "I know. It's crazy. I can't even go to high school. I'm stuck in this stupid apartment all day." I tell Dr. Banner. "First, you chose to stay in this apartment all day and second, I was planning on telling you guys before I moved, well I guess now, we move in to the Avengers compound" Steve explains. It takes a second for me to understand what's going on. We are moving into the Avengers tower.

Things finally settle down. Dad explains things and his team understands why he had to keep a secret. The scarlet witch, Wanda, convinced my dad to move the up all the way till next week. I don't know why she wants us to move in so soon but I'm fine with it. It's not like my whole life was going to change.