Part 19

I stay in my room for as long as I can. I try not to think about everything that's happened. One look at me and Peter and dad doesn't want us together. I literally told my dad that he isn't my dad. I try to sit on my bed and not think about it. If I think about it, I'm going to cry. And I don't want to cry. A knock on my window pulls me out of my thoughts. I look over and it's Spider-Man. I open my window and he climbs in and pulls off his mask. "Hey." I say. "Hey," Peter answers. "Don't worry about what my dad said. We can just continue to sneak around." I say. Peter doesn't look back at me. "What?" I ask him. "Luna, I think we should listen to your dad" Peter says. "You can't be serious." "I don't want to come in between you and your dad. And I can't let you lie to him." I can't believe this. He wasn't supposed to leave. He was supposed to stay and he was supposed to take care of me. I can't think of anything to say. My first boyfriend is leaving me. The one not shitty guy is leaving me. My best friend is leaving me. "I'll uh see you around" Peter says before putting on his mask and going back out.

I don't get any sleep. At least I don't have school today. I don't have to see Peter. I want to see him. But I can't. I go out to the hallway to see if anyone was in the kitchen. Hopefully, I can avoid everyone today. I can't tell from where I am so I tip toe a little closer. "Lady Luna! Are you coming to eat Poptarts?" Thor booming voice says from behind me. Great. So much for avoid everyone. I walk into the kitchen. Well, Thor pushes me into the kitchen. Everyone looks at me as I walk in. Ok, maybe I don't NEED to talk to them. I go boil some water to make my coffee. I feel everyone's eyes on me. I calmly make my coffee when the water is ready and head back to my room. That wasn't so hard. A few minutes later, someone knocks on my door. I don't want to talk to anyone so I ignore it. Nat comes in. "Luna? Are you ok? We are all worried about you" "I'm fine" I say trying my best not to sound upset. "You know you can tell me anything right?" Nat says, making her way to sit in front of me on my bed. "Peter and broke up. I think I love him. I know we were only together for less than a month but I think I loved him. He came over later and told me that we should break up." I tell Nat. That makes it official. "Aww, Luna. It's going to be ok." She says comforting me. I sit quietly before deciding I should say something. "Is Dad mad at me?" I ask her. "He's really worried. You should talk to him." I should. I just can't believe he still treats me like a baby. I'm graduating next year. I'm not a baby. For some reason I can't focus on Dad. I just keep thinking about Peter. "Luna, I'm sure Peter had a good reason to call it off. I could tell he really liked you before you even started dating." Nat says. He did have a good reason. But I still want him. Who would've known I would get so attach to him?

After a couple of hours of think it through, I decide to talk to Dad. I go into the living room and he's just sitting there. "Hey D-" I couldn't bring my self to say it. "Hey." I sit next to him. "Dad, I'm so sorry for what I said. I really didn't mean it." I say. He looks at me. "It's ok. I guess I did get a bit too upset last night" Dad says. We relax a bit on the couch. After a few minutes my dad says something. "So Peter?" Dad asks. "What about him" "I'm sorry I told you guys couldn't be together. I just can't stand the idea that you and some guy are together. Even if it's Peter. And trust me, I like Peter" well great. Now we aren't together. I feel the tears start forming in my eyes. "Luna? What's wrong" Dad asks. "Peter and I broke up." I say before I start sobbing, "I didn't want to, but Peter thought it was for the best" I explain. Dad hugs me. "Come on, let's get you ice cream so you can forget all about him"