15🌘

Peter

A smile of satisfaction crossed over my face as I was finally able to successfully levitate a rock to the other side of the barn. I'd been working at it for three hours and now I'd been able to successfully levitate and transfer various objects across the room. Some attempts came easier, other attempts it was harder.

I was able to master some of the most basic spells, such as levitating, casting light, making the room colder, and casting the gold ropes. I wanted to work on teleportation, explosions, potions, dream spells, creating life, pretty much everything there was to learn about magic. Lydia and Corny told me that was way too soon. They said I had to be able to do the basic magic by second nature. I agreed, knowing it was impossible to do everything at once, but the want and need to learn more was driving me to practice and practice until I was perfect.

We were mainly working on my magic, but we were planning to tune into my shapeshifter side more soon. For the first two weeks, we were going to be working on spells and other magic abilities then we'd move on practicing shapeshifting. Since I'd spent a large portion of my life tuning into my shapeshifter side, it was essential I tune into my magical side and at least get my basics down.

"Very good," Lydia said with an approving smile as she approached me from where she'd been standing in the barn's doorway. "You've improved tremendously."

"Thanks, Lydia."

"I let your parents know how you were doing."

"Did you tell them how good my progress has been?" I asked with a cheeky grin.

"Yes, and they're very proud of you."

"How are they doing today?" I always talked to my parents every day though sometimes I was so caught up in my lessons I didn't have time to speak with them directly.

"They're doing okay, though they miss you. They're eager for you to come home."

A pang of homesickness stabbed me in the heart. I missed them and home. While being here had been great, it would've been better if they'd been here. I wasn't ashamed to admit I was a mama's boy and felt pretty alone.

That was partly because most of the other teens here had barely said two words to me. Nicole, who was a hybrid of a vampire and fae, was the only one who'd actually bothered to speak to me and was constantly talking my ear off. She was friendly and seemed like the only potential friend I was going to have. She was gorgeous, with bronze skin, wavy black hair that never had a strand out of place, freckles that peppered the bridge of her nose and cheeks, and vibrant green eyes that were out of this world. She had the empathetic powers of a fae and the speed, sight, smell, and bloodlust of a vampire. She was definitely an interesting person to be around. For some reason, she reminded me of Laura, which I guessed was one of the reasons why I found her attractive. 

Tessa was a shapeshifter and vampire hybrid. When I was introduced to her, she completely ignored my outstretched hand and backed away from me as though I were carrying a skin-eating disease. She said maybe five words to me. She had blonde hair that was cut in a messy pixie cut, brown eyes that were nearly black, and abnormally pale skin. Lydia explained to me that she was abused most of her life and was always nervous around new people. I was curious to see how her powers played out, but we always practiced our powers separately and Lydia wouldn't tell me about them due to privacy reasons, not that I would pry anyway.

Carson was probably the biggest asshole I've ever met right after Ruben Erikson and was a vampire and sorcerer hybrid. He constantly boasted about how advanced his powers were, was as rude as could be to everyone, and constantly talked down to everyone. He was nearly around seven feet tall, pale, with copper hair, and hazel eyes with a smug smile I wanted to punch off his stupid face.