chapter four

Each tribute is given half an hour to say goodbye to their family and friends before they leave for the station.the only people  I would say goodbye by was to Albert and Harper as knowing me I have no friends.

I am the next female tribute for district 2, I am up against cato Hadley,someone that I have history with that I don't want to go back on.oh,and the fact that I am frankly,I am  dead : I have witnessed cato Hadley armed with a sword and a machete on the academy. It is not a pretty sight. In the arena, he will be worse. I don't even want to imagine it.

Miss cointoyke can bursting through the door  "clove! Why did it have to be you? Why?" Screams Harper, sobbing uncontrollably on to my shoulder. I stroke her hair and she slides on to my lap,wrapping her arms around my neck. Albert sits beside me on the velvet couch,his eyes glazed and miles away.

"Shhh Harper,calm down,it'll be ok" I try to soothe her,but it only makes her worse .

"Clove" she says, looking up at me,tears dribbling down her red cheeks "please try to win,please."

I promise I will Harper,and you know, maybe I can "god I'm even trying to delude myself now, what's gotten into me?" I am a career you know,I can throw,you've seen me."

"You're the best in there" it's the first time that Albert has spoken,and I'm grateful for it:he often brings a maturity that cannot be found in Harper. Harper is childish. Albert is mature,and knows what he has to do. I would have to rely on him to look after  Harper when I am gone.

I lift Harper off my lap and stand to my feet. Albert follows me,until we are standing face to face. " you can win clove,you have the best throw in the academy,by far. You could take out anyone,even cato Hadley if you wanted to!"

I flinched at the mention of cato. Albert words remind me of that day. Yes,I could take him out quite easily,if I was at least  20 feet away and very well hidden. But,instead, I decided to take out a cougar. Wouldn't it have been so much easier if I'd have just left him to die........

"Yes,maybe I could, if I had the right weapons."

"As soon as you get out there,get the knives.with those on your side,you'll have a pretty good chance." When he speaks,he reminds me of my father."Yeah,maybe I do."
Miss cointoyke swives around quickly and a peacekeeper attempts to hurry her forwards

I take a deep breath "thank you for being my family,even when I didn't have one.i guess this is goodbye."

"Your welcome." She replies, her eyes down cast " goodbye clove kentwell,you will be remembered."

She turns to leave the room, a single tear travelling down her face
I return to my couch, dropping my head into my hands,squeezing my eyes shut and trying to tell myself it's all a dream,it's all a dream.

I emerge into the courtyard with a car in the centre, tallulah frost already standing beside it with her scary grin. When she notices me.when she notices me,she opens the door wide and gestures for me to sit inside.then we wait for cato. I know that he will take ages : he's popular , and everyone wants to say goodbye to him.

He emerges into the yard about 10 minutes later,lead by some other peacekeepers,then tallulah gets into the cat and cato follows her. Then doors slam and we are heading towards the train station.

The station is packed with reporters and I'm glad my early ties dont show on my face as I, clove kentwell, am broadcast to the whole nation.there was a last called crystalline Jones she is one of the hunger games Victor's in history. She won the 70th hunger games,due to her outstanding spear throwing. Sitting completely next to her is a giant man with a bald head,muscular arms crossed over his chest. Brutus cainess, another well known district 2 victor. Hopefully they can help me and cato until we get into the area