chapter ten

I practically stumble out the gym,my display for the gamemakers turning over and over in my mind. Was it enough to get me a good score? Well,I'll guess I'll find out later.

I'm so far away in my own thought that I nearly walk straight into some
"Oh gosh sorry I didn't see you there..."
I mumble, trying to walk away quickly, thinking that it is one of the district 3 people. But I turn around, and see cato standing there, I must have walked into him.

"How do you think you did" he asks.

"Pretty good, I hope."I reply, trying my best to actually smile properly " good luck cato" I call behind as I turn around and walk in the direction of the elevator.

When I get up to floor 2,I find tallulah sitting on the sofa, watching some kind of Capitol television program about the upcoming games,which involved claudius templeSmith, the hunger games announcer and caesar flickerman, the interview host,laughing about something to do with the opening ceremony.

I take my usual seat,and crystalline raises her head. "Hey clove!" She says,beaming "how did it go? What did you show them?"

" well, I begin by throwing knives around and then I did a bit of full speed running, kicked a dummy over mid-air,while throwing a knife at a climbing net,and then I did a kind of roll thing before the net could land on me. I know that probably makes no sense but I'm not that good at explaining things."

Thatcould give you a brilliant score! Unorthodox and unpredictable, just what they like to see, at least you will get a 9 for that,I'm sure!" She applause me,and brutus follows her.

A 9 is really good score, I would be happy with a 9, seeming as an 11 and 12 are practically impossible to get.and a 10 means tou did extremely good.

Cato arrives back around 20 minutes later, with a huge grim on his overly arrogant  face.he punches the air as he walks out of the elevator. Then looks sheepishly around . Embarrassed as crystalline and I burst out into not-so-subtle giggles. "I'm guessing that your happy with what you did?" I say,laughing.

Yeah, I threw a few spears around, which ended up pretty well,and then I decapitate half the sword dummies with a machete, sounds good or what?", he says,epciting ,I cant help but smile at him. It's good when he isn't a maniac cato the killing machine mode, you see the real him, rather then the arrogant bot from the academy.

"What did you do?" He asks
"Oh well,I throw a load of knives around, kicked over a dummy in mid-air and took down the climbing net." I say, matter-of-factly , although it wasn't meant to come out like that.

"Sounds good" he says sitting down at the table next to brutus " and now we wait for the scores"

The scores announcement floods on to the television screen after around an hour. I pit away my art supplies,which I retrieved from my room, to pass time, and lean back on the sofa. Hoping, hoping,that I get a 9.

"Well, citizens of panem,the tributes this year are pretty good!" Says cladius templeSmith, and then he takes a piece of paper from the desk in front of him ,and begins " from district 1,Marvel,with a score of 9"

Nice one Marvel That 9 will be useful when  we get to the arena.

"Glimmer" says cladius, and I sit bolt upright on the sofa," with a score of 8."

Ha.ha.ha district 1. You didn't get a 9 . I guess it wasn't your day my friend.

"From district 2,cato," continues claudius, everyone moves towards the screen,anticipation clean on every face,"with a score of 10"

"YES!" Shouts cato, jumping up off the sofa and cheering deafening. Wow he got a 10? That's amazing.

"Well done Cato" I shout,and crystalline copies me,clapping with a beaming smile on her face.