chapter nineteen

The forest is different to the career camp where I spent my last two days,everything is more peaceful and quiet. All o can hear are the rustling of the animals that live on the forest floor, and the calls of birds that live. I almost feel like home again.

Because i know that if I hadn't left, they would of killed me tonight. Glimmer hates me and so does zafira. Yeah if I stayed there tonight I would be saying goodbye to life tonight. Thankfully I am clever enough to know a menacing look when I see it.so I'm back to my self again, little old clove with no friends and far to many enemies. that's just the way I like it, thank you very much.

Feeling slight rumbling in my stomach, I obey my body's demands,and look for a tree to sit and eat my 'lunch' of crackers and an apple. One nearby looks good enough. Tall, which means good cover from predators. And with a good view which to observe the underground.

I eat lunch quickly, making sure I move on further Into the forest before nightfall. The careers will be hunting again tonight, so I've got to be far enough from them to be picked as there next target.

I find it quite funny, how I don't think of the career group as being my friends anymore,just like that. Except cato maybe,and Marvel. But since the dream,I'm not sure if I trust him as much as I did before.

It was only a dream,clove,get over it and trust your friends again. Cato and Marvel wouldn't kill you.

No, they wouldn't kill me,I'm pretty sure sure of that.cato knows were I am and he wouldn't tell the others. He knows that glimmer wants to kill me, and that zafira will do anything that glimmer tells her to.

I've always been quite good at working out people's likes and dislikes,their personality as a whole even.

Mothers death.that day turned my life upside down. I can remember it more clearly then anything. Because it was the start of life as anything.

I don't know why,comes to my mind quicker then other memory,it may have been the worst day of my life. I'm in the middle of hunger games,and I need to get moving before night falls. It's already late evening, judging by the bright colours sweeping across the sky. Which means I need to hurry up and get a safe distance away from the career camp before darkness.

I just down from the tree,and set of through the underground once again. After about another hour, I notice a rabbit. Dinner. I throw one of my knives into the rabbit's side. Easy food,on the go.

I quickly make a fire to roast the rabbit over,then stamp it out to avoid me being followed. I eat the rabbit while walking.

At nightfall, I find my bedding, and decide to get settled. My bed is a foot of a large tree somewhere in the forest.it doesn't take long before I'm drifting of to sleep.

The dream tonight is not much different to my others, except this time,I'm running. Running from what, I have no idea, all I know that I keep going . Run on clove,keep going, you can't stop.ever. I can hear the footsteps of doom exhorting behind me.stiil, I don't look back. Whatever is following me is right on my heels now: I can't escape. I trip over some root and fall to the floor, my knees meeting the ground with a thud. I turn, and my eyes focus on my pursuer. Still in the shadows. The dark emerald green eyes glow from the darkness,and glimmer emerges from the forest. She takes out her dagger,about to piers my heart and end my life forever,when-

Footsteps. Quick footsteps.and animals,calling to each other.

What's going on?

I rub my eyes to rid the sleep,them stretch my arms out as I yawn. It's a new day clove, and you'll still alive. Time to get moving,I push myself up on my feet,and turn.

And my eyes come to rest on a towering wall of fire,heading straight towards me.

Without even thinking,I grab my bedding, and run for my life.