chapter eight

I awake to find crystalline pacing up and down my room,feathered blonde bob shaking,brushing her cheeks,green eyes blazing. " clove!" She bellows,surprisingly loud, for we are the only ones in the room " clove kentwell! Get up ! Now! You need to be in the gym at ten!its half 9 now!And you need to have breakfast yet! Up!" She Shouts it in my right ear and I clump my hands around my head.

I go into the bathroom and take a look at what crystalline gave me for training. It seems like a general uniform: a black polo top, trimmed in grey and red,with matching leggings,and a pair of lightweight black boots.my top has the number 2 emblazoned on the back of it, representing my district.

I have a quick shower, trying to learn what buttons on the control panel do, I dry my hair under a kind of box-like contraption,which leaves it flowing down my back like silk once again.

My training outfit looks ok actually,makes me look kinda dangerous. I'm going to look even more deadly with knives in my hands.

I tie my hair up Into its usual ponytail, weaving the side strands into plaits and gather the two braids Into ponytail and tying with an elastic band.

Crystalline,brutus,cato and tallulah are all there at the table, eating from a large portion of food, I walk over to them and take my seat next to crystalline. She looks up from her breakfast meal and her eyes widen. "Oh,country of panem,clove kentwell has decided to grace us with her presence at breakfast.isn't it an amazing feast."she Shouts,her voice brimming with sarcasm.

The conversation over breakfast focuses on one thing only:training

"So,today you show of,make them intimidated by you." Beings brutus,waving his spoon around, nearly hitting himself in the face with it "make them all scard of you,ok?" Cato and I nod in response.

"Then,tomorrow," continues crystalline "you learn something new. Clove,I'm not being rude, but I don't think your buit for swinging swords around. Therefore,learn something else. Maybe try your hand at archery, or spears even
And throw in some survival skills as well." She looks towards me for approval, and I nod again.

"Cato,you can use swords, and spears. I've seen you attempt archery,and to be frank,you are rubbish" cato schools,but in a friendly way,if that makes sence,and laughs afterwards along with the rest of us " so,why not get clove to teach you how to throw knives!"

Ok,that was unexpected. What the hell is crystalline trying to do? Cato is dangerous anyway, don't make him any worse!

Cato shrugs. I can tell he is feeling just as confused over this as I am. Why does crystalline want me to teach him how to throw? Does she have some kind of plan or something? God,I will never be able to tell, this is crystalline Jones.

" ok,if that doesn't work,you both try axes, I'm sure you will get the hang of them,they aren't that hard" brutus intervenes during the silence.

And now tallulah is guiding cato and I swag from the table,and into the glass elevator, down to the basement where the gym is.

The ride down is awkward,in complete silence. Not even tallulah tryst to stop it,.and takes the usual  24/7
And then the elevator stops and the doors are thrown open.

We walk in an even bigger room then the cavern where the chariots arrived. The place is huge, with every single weapon imaginable resting of metal stands dotted around it. There is a section of curved and deadly-looking daggers,and swords with forked blades, and a whole rake of silver spears,and a multitude of bows,lined up on metal stand. And a collection of shinning axes.and them. There they are, my knives, my little friends,just waiting to be hurled at an unprepared target. I'm itching to get my hands on them.