Part 6

"Hi, Yoongi..." I quietly said with the most awkward wave. Yoongi was still standing in his doorway and hadn't moved an inch for the past thirty seconds.

"So, I guess no break..." I heard him finally mutter under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked him, worried that he thought I was annoying him.

"Oh, nothing, sorry. I just, uh, didn't expect to see you here," he said awkwardly, moving further into his room. His eyes cautiously scanned around as if to make sure he didn't leave anything out and had cleaned up well enough.

"Sorry to intrude! The other guys' rooms were either locked or occupied... if you catch my drift. So, Namjoon led me here." I twiddled with my fingers. Just being in close proximity to him had heat rushing to my cheeks.

His face slightly froze. "Right... occupied. Well, um, it's no problem."

Namjoon's words of Yoongi liking his personal space rang in my ears. "You sure? I don't want to be a bother, I was just about to leave, anyways..."

"Do whatever you want," he stated dryly.

My eyes widened and I instantly shut my mouth. I hadn't heard Yoongi snap like that before, at least to his friends, so I was a little shocked.

Yoongi's face slightly scrunched, realizing it came out a bit too harsh when I faltered at his words.

"I mean, I don't mind whatever you do. I just, uh, wanted to get away from the whole party scene myself. The house was starting to feel a little stuffy and musty," He explained stiffly. Yoongi ruffled his hair and the jacket made a leathery rubbing sound as he moved his arm.

"Yeah... I feel you. I needed to get away for a bit, too," I admitted. I still wasn't sure if I should've stayed, but I decided to take a chance. Tentatively sitting back down at his desk, I spoke up again. "Definitely quite an experience for my first ever college party, don't you think?"

Yoongi let out a light chuckle, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. "You're really getting the full experience and then some."

"I know," I exhaled, shaking my head. His friendly response caused me to relax, since he didn't seem bothered by my decision on staying, and I let my full weight rest on the chair.

A small silence filled the room, before he softly spoke up again. "Um, I'm glad you're okay. Honestly."

"I have you to thank for that. So... thank you, again."

"You thank me too much."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, sorry I'm thankful for you."

"You're funny," he half smirked. "Besides, you had the situation handled with your pepper spray. You didn't need me at all."

I giggled lightly and he finally cracked a genuine smile.

~~~

"Okay, okay, pineapples or strawberries?" I asked Yoongi cheerfully. We were currently sat at either sides of his bed as we rested our backs against his headboard. We had taken both of our shoes off and were relaxing and letting our feet rest from the constricting boots we were wearing.

"Neither," he instantly, but surely said. He gave me a side glance. "Tangerines."

"Tangerines?"

"Tangerines," he confirmed with the slightest of nods.

I lightly chuckled. "Even better."

This back and forth question and answer game had been going on for some time after awkward small talk blew over and we had both relaxed in each other's presence. I learned his favorite color was white, his favorite music styles were hip hop and rap, and his favorite hobby was apparently sleeping.