Part 22

"Okay, you choose a song now, Mila! I wanna hear you sing!" Jimin brightly encouraged, pushing his girlfriend forward after he finished his own song.

We were back inside the club and found out that there was an area for karaoke so, naturally, we had to try it out. Yoongi was sitting comfortably on the soft couch and I was settled next to him under his extended arm that was placed along the top of the couch. Taehyung and Seokjin had found us and were standing and leaning forward against the backside of the couch. In front of us, Mila was feeling shy and hesitant to show us her talent.

Jimin placed his hands on her shoulders from behind and began rubbing as if prepping her for a big game. He brought his head lower to her and spoke in a pep talk-like voice. "Don't let my endless hours of lessons go to waste! Show those losers around the couch how good of a vocal coach and how helpful I actually am! They're always talkin' shit asking if I'm even qualified enough to be giving lessons," Jimin grumbled hilariously.

Mila couldn't stop laughing at his attempt at convincing her. "Aww Jimin—"

He, then, dropped his voice lower. "Okay, nevermind, scratch that. Fuck my talent. Show them how talented you are. I want to brag and show you off." He tossed her a cheeky wink.

She rolled her brown eyes, but decided to give Jimin what he wanted in the end. Picking up the karaoke mic, she punched in a number combination and the title "Serendipity" showed on the main screen.

"Woooo! Go Mila! That's my bestie!" I cheered with the happiest smile as she prepped herself and got into a singing stance.

"Yeah, Mila! Fuck it up, girl!" Hobi made a lasso movement with his arm above his head.

"SING...SING...SING!" Seokjin slowly chanted trying to get the rest of us to join, but failing.

She began singing and we were all in awe. We knew she was good, but damn, was she really fucking good. The vibrato that came so effortlessly even while she was tipsy showcased how amazing she was at her craft.

All of my friends were so fucking talented and intelligent and incredible, it was insane. I felt blessed.

She completed a particular note run that sounded beautiful with her eyes shut and passion etched into her pretty features.

Jimin bolted up with his hands cupped around his mouth. "THAT'S MY BABY!" The proud boyfriend looked back at us with pride in his eyes. "Did you guys fucking hear that? Isn't she amazing?"

The song ended and we all clapped for her, cheering like idiots. She covered her face and giggled. When she removed her hands, she was surprised to find that a crowd had formed around her and that they, too, were praising her skills. She made a bee line straight to Jimin and he immediately wrapped her in a hug and kissed her forehead.

Yeonjun and another frat boy emerged from the crowd with smug walks. "You're a great singer," Yeonjun complimented with a smile.

The second frat boy smirked and nodded attractively. "Yeah, your voice really caught my attention. Well, that and your smile." I was shocked to hear he had an Australian accent.

Mila stood frozen, unsure of what to do. "Oh! Thank you guys so much."

Australia crossed his arms. "If you're ever down to sing together—or do anything, really—hit me up." He winked.

I laughed only because I knew how jealous Jimin could get and, as if on cue, Jimin's lovey-dovey eyes switched to intimidating. His duality never failed to amuse me.

Jimin finished the alcohol in his glass in one large gulp and took a step in front of Mila, acting as a barrier between her and the flirty boy. Yeonjun and the new kid weren't super muscular, but they were definitely sculpted and very nice to look at.