Chapter 30- Paradise

It's time.

Checking myself one last time in the mirror, I quickly applied some cake batter chapstick to my lips as I was making my way down the stairs to the front door. Reaching the door, I took a deep breath and opened the door. There stood a man, with a bouquet of sunflowers covering from his neck up. Bringing the flowers down, revealed was a man with stunning features. Perfectly tanned skin, execptionally white teeth, a jaw line so sharp it could cut anything, eyes so dreamy you melt in them, and eyebrows almost as dark as my heart. He was stunning.

"Hey Mikayla, these are for you." Jack said, handing me the flowers, and engulfing me in a hug.

"Aw, thank you so much, Jack. You didn't have to!" I said in shock, taking the flowers from his hands and putting them in a vase I had just previously refilled with fresh water.

"It's fine. I wanted to!" He said.

I smiled back in return, fixing the flowers so they were showcased perfectly.

"Perfect" I said under my breath.

"They look almost as perfect as you." Jack said with a shy smile.

"Stop. You're going to make me blush!" I said, covering my face.

"Aww, your're cute. Ready to go?" He asked, taking my hand in him.

Nodding in response, I followed Jack's lead out the door and to his car, making sure to close the door before I left.

Jack being th gentleman that he is, he opened the passanger door of his truckfor me, helping me in to the high car. Once I was surely in, he closer the passanger door, and made his way around the car to the drives door, opening it and entering the car. Once in, he buckled up and began driving.

Trying to make things not so awkward, Jack turned on the radio, and coinsidently, "Wild Life" by no other than Jack and Jack was on.

"Awkward, I'll change it." He said, about to change the station.

"No. Leave it. I love you're guys music." I say, naking his handoff of the radio.

Looking from our hands to meeting my gaze, Jack stares into my eyes for a quick second, before the person behind us beeps, due to the light changing from red to green. Snapping out of our trance, Jack put both of his hands back on the wheel, and continues driving.

Singing under my breath, I could faintly hear Jack singing quietly as well.

"Sing" I say to Jack.

"What?" Jack says, taken a bit off guard.

"Sing. I want to hear your voice in person." I say, turing my body so I'm facing him more.

"You don't want to hear me sing..." Jack says, turning a little shy.

"Jackkkkkkkk, stop being so shy and sing for me." I say, begging.

"Maybe a later time. I want to get through the first date before chasing you off with my horrific singing" he says.

"Ugh. Fine. But I'm going to hold you to it." I say with a baby pout on my face.

Driving for two more minutes, we arrive to a place that I've been to a million times as a kid with my dad.

"How do you know about this place?" I ask.

"Whenever I would come down here from Omaha to visit family, I would take hikes here when my family got on my nerves. It's kind of my little-"