"You could never scare me away."

Your POV:

It's the day of the gender reveal, I'm officially five months pregnant, which means I should be feeling our little soldier kick sometime soon. Bucky and I are getting dressed, he's wearing jeans and a baby pink T-shirt and I'm wearing a baby blue dress. My baby bump has grown a lot. My hair is down, long, dirty blonde and curled, long enough to touch my waist.

"Come on, we can't be late to our own gender reveal baby, you look beautiful." Bucky says for the tenth time. I'm pregnant, my ankles are swollen and I feel like a water balloon. I can be late if I want to be late.

"I don't care, they can wait. It's not like they can start without us." He laughs and comes up behind me. Im now in-front of the mirror applying mascara. He slips is hands around to my bump and rests his head in my neck, kissing it. "You're so beautiful."

I smile and put my makeup down as I finish. "I love you James." I giggle and turn around planting a soft kiss on his lips. "I love you doll," he kisses me once more then bends down and whispers to our child, "I love you Soldier."

We go outside and everyone is standing around talking, laughing, and drinking. When Steve and Wanda see us they run over and start pushing us towards the center of the yard. "Careful! Carful! I'm gonna trip and I'm pregnant!!" I giggle. We make it to the middle of the yard and there are two things that look like cannons pointed right at us.

"What is this?" James laughs. We hold hands as everyone is watching us, waiting. We were about an hour late so everyone's already eaten. We decided to just do the reveal and wait until I'm closer to giving birth for a baby shower.

"These are powder cannons. They are going to explode on you with powder either pink or blue. And there's one more thing we have to tell you before hand." Steve explains. James and I look at each other confused.

"You know how you told the doctor to tell us what you were having?" Wanda says, we nod. "Well she also told us how many you're having." James's eyes go wide as we look at each other, my jaw drops.

"She printed out two pictures each ultrasound you had. One of each baby. You're having twins. But the fun's not over!" Wanda is extremely energetic and James and I are in shock. "Twins?" I'm more excited now than I was before.

"Now let's hurry up and get this over with." Tony chimes in. "Are you okay buck?" I squeeze his hand a little. "Yea, I just wasn't expecting twins," he looks over at me and smiles, "I can't wait." He chuckles.

"Okay," Steve says as they hold the remotes to the powder machines in there hands, "3,"

"Wait!" James yells and holds his metal arm out placing it on my stomach. "What!?" Tony says impatiently.

"Is the powder safe for the babies?" I didn't even think about it, I'm glad James did. "Yes," Wanda says, "I made sure, it's just corn starch. Just close your eyes though. Or turn your head so it doesn't get in your eyes." We do as she says.

"3," Steve continues, "2," we prepare our selves. I love over at James and smile he's already looking at me, we close our eyes as Steve says, "1,"

I feel the blast of powder. I open my eyes and Bucky is covered in blue.

Bucky's POV:

I look over at y/n and she's covered in pink. We smile at each other and then look down at ourselves. I'm covered in blue.

It's a girl and a boy.

She smiles at me again and I pull her into a hug, "James." She says. I smile. "Yes doll?" I reply.

"James and Jamie." She pulls away from me and looks at me, smiling. "James and Jamie." I repeat, pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek.

Everything, everyone around us, they disappear. It's just us. We tune them out as I kiss her, I know Steve's right there, and I should feel bad. But I don't.

This is my wife, and these are my kids.

——————

After the gender reveal, y/n and I went out. I decided to take her to out. She deserves it, we need a night out. We normally lock ourselves in the bedroom, but tonight, i'm going to the her out.

We changed our clothes before we left. She's wearing a gorgeous Burgundy dress. Its skin tight and shows her baby bump beautifully.

There are ties down each side of the dress, its a spaghetti strap. Her curves are exaggerated and looking at her, looking at me like were the only two people in the world, makes me want to marry her all over again.

"Where are we going?" she smiles from the passenger seat, her hand squeezing my thigh just above my knee cap. "It's a surprise." I turn to her and smile back, quickly readjusting my focus to the road.

Your POV:

We park in front of a pier. I look over at him and smile. This is where he took me on our first date.

"James," he looks back over at me and bites his lip, "this is perfect." He smiles and holds my hand. "I thought you might like it." He chuckles.

We get out of the car and hold hands as we walk to the pier. The moon is full tonight and it look ginormous and beautiful over the water.

He smiles at me like I'm the only person in the room. He doesn't take his eyes off me and for some reason I feel nervous. I look down and watch my footing as we walk to the near to the middle of the pier.

"Our first date, I had already known I was in love with you." He stops walking and pulls me closer as he's talking, putting his hands on both sides of my belly. "But I waited to tell you for three months. Because I didn't want to scare you away."

I pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck, his slide from my stomach to my back. "You could never scare me away." I whisper to him as I'm holding him.