85. once in a blue moon

Hope already felt guilty by the time they returned from New Orleans. Visibly, Stephanie looked mentally broken. She walked and moved slower and Hope considered going up to her to make sure she was fine.

Josie thankfully stepped into her path before she made a mistake and muttered, "I warned her. Love is only going to break you when you think you're safe," she said.

"What do you mean?" Hope said as she turned to her.

"The day I opened the Legendarium, she was in the library telling me all about falling in love with Landon. I told her not to be vulnerable."

"Thank you Josie for making me feel so much better," Hope said sarcastically.

Lizzie popped out of nowhere with a bright, beaming smile. "Okay guess what? I managed to get the school barrier down for tonight. And you know how mom and Clarke are trying to work things out? Dad is also talking to some doctor and I've set up the perfect double, double, double date. Mom, Clarke, Dad, Seylah, Me, Raf, Kaura, Mason, Hope and Landon and well...you. The single life really doesn't do you justice here, Josie."

Josie sighed heavily and turned around, leaving the group altogether without another word.

Lizzie narrowed her eyes with confusion. "What? Penelope died a year ago, it's time to open new doors."

Hope shook her head but didn't say anything either.

As for the boys, they spent most of their days fooling around in the field. Landon quickly went to grab a drink of water when he paused in the hallway at the sight of Stephanie.

Knowing that he still felt bad for what he did, he moved to go and speak to her but stopped when Sebastian appeared out of nowhere, grabbing onto her sides. She in turn threw her arms on top of his shoulder and shared a lover's gaze. She seemed to laugh at something she said and Landon watched in awe as her eyes twinkled at him. He almost wanted to rub his eyes in disbelief. Instead, he shrugged it off and returned to his friends.

 Stephanie finally pulled away from him and swallowed. "Did he see?"

Sebastian smirked. "Oh, he saw. 3 pints of blood delivered to my room at 6 on the dot," he bargained and turned away.

She sighed, looking down the empty hallway Landon was previously at. What am I getting myself into?

*

One by one, they all trickled in at the Mystic Grill. Lizzie and Raf were amongst the first arriving, making sure that everything was up to par. She beamed with the rest of the invites arrived. "Welcome. Food is on the way, don't worry. Let's all just sit and relax."

Seylah nodded with approval to the table. "Wow, Ric. Your daughter really knows how to put up the effort."

He snorted and pulled out a seat for her. "Trust me, things like this only happen once in a blue moon."

"Ric," Caroline warned playfully, shaking her head as she seated herself. "But thank you Lizzie, this is wonderful."

Josie also collapse on a chair and leaned down to Raf who was beside her. "Do you know why she's doing this?" She whispered. 

Raf shook his head. "She started this up out of nowhere."

"Please tell me that there is something beyond pizza and burgers on the menu," Clarke pleaed as he picked up the laminated sheet of paper with distaste. 

Caroline rolled her eyes. "Here we go again. Can you believe that this guy doesn't like eating with his fingers?"

Landon gasped the loudest to that. "Even sandwiches? Ribs? Tacos?" Clarke shook his head to all of the options and the table shook with protests.