02

I woke up sprawled across the couch, sitting up and rubbing my eyes in confusion. The room was freezing cold, air blowing my hair up and all over the place.

I'd fallen asleep with the windows opened, thank god for daddy's money. Instead of his love and affection I was placed in one of the top buildings in the city, fifty stories high in a penthouse I didn't even want. All so that his only heir wouldn't be brutally murdered in the middle of the night.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or suicidal, but I didn't have much to live for and I'd much rather my dad care for me then pretend he does by forcing me into law school then showering me in materialistic gifts and obscene little luxuries.

After a while I got up to make sure my door was locked, Hotchners business card sat on my entry way table exactly where I'd left it last night when I got home. The laminate paper was awfully appealing, but the font was detrimental to society. He's definitely a very, very single man. That or his wife doesn't love him,

There was something about him I didn't quite like, but another part of me felt very allured by him. Maybe I could just check his offer out... to make sure he wasn't right of course.

The hissing of my tea pot broke me out of my little trance, my hand flipping the knob off on the stove then pouring the scorching water into a bowl.

When I lived back home one of my fathers 'house girls' as he called them, used to make me oatmeal and fruit per my request every single morning at seven am sharp.

He always got pissed about this, saying she should be making me some better quality and more nourishing foods like eggs or pancakes, but I was always willing to put up a fight about it. Sometimes I wish I hadn't so much, then I probably wouldn't of been pushed so harshly into law.

I could fight a good case, but that was only because I was stubborn. Was I stubborn enough to pass up dickwad Hotchners offer? I sighed, grabbing the remote then plopping back down on the couch.

My green couch was one of the only things I actually liked about my apartment, everything else was way too over priced and far too lavish... even for my taste.

One of my gold digging step moms had forced me into one of those ritzy little stores on 5th ave one day, and once I saw it... I knew. I knew I had to have this couch.

She scalded me for it, and that's how she became my dads fourth ex wife.

Although my dad didn't show me much affection, believe it or not I was one of the most important things in his life. If I really needed him, he'd drop everything to save me in the blink of an eye. Now don't get me wrong I was no Mockingbird to him, but he cared some what.

That's why I was so hesitant to see Hotchner again. I know I didn't mention this before, but him and my father had met a few times way back when. My father almost immediately hated the man, which kinda made me like him a bit more. As much as I'd love too, I don't know if I could betray my dad by seeing Hotchner again. It's not like I haven't betrayed him before, but he'd never found out about it. If I started working for the fbi and dropped out of the over priced law school my father payed for, he might notice after awhile.

The thought caused me to put my oatmeal down, and just like usual I barley ate a quarter of the bowl. Like I said before, I don't really have any friends. I like it that way, but sometimes it gets lonely. My thoughts consume me, but i'm not mad about that... it's just sort of... irritating at times.

As I started washing my bowl out I chipped a nail, whining as I watched the pale pink polish slip down the drain.

My dad always said how a woman does the work, whilst a lady just sits there and looks pretty. Yeah, my dads a sexist asshole too. Although in his defense, I think he means well in the end.