09

I'd finally brought myself to meet up with Natalie again, dragging her down to the same old coffee shop I went too almost everyday. Surprisingly I hadn't dropped out of law school since my new career had begun, so I was on a bit of a time hunch with everything I had going on.

"Natalie, I'm sorry for how I've been treating you lately... I want to make it up to you, really."

My approach was a bit forward, but all I could focus on was the gold metal wrapped around my fingers and the throbbing pain haunting me from below the belt.

"It's fine- so, anyway... that professor guy is like really hot. You should totally fuck him! You could definitely pull him."

I cringed at the way she worded things and how blunt she was, but I just went along with it and grinned.

"Yeah I- Hotchner?"

There was a strained look on his face, but he still walked over and greeted us.

"Hey..."

I could tell he didn't know what all to say, and that's why he probably looked so relieved when the waiter cut him off. I ordered my large cup of sugar with an ounce of coffee, and a scone since I was starving.

"You can take all of that?"

I looked up at Hotch confused, a small smirk growing on his face.

"All the sugar, I mean."

Natalie was dumb, but even she got the pun.

"If you don't fuck him I will, Elle."

She'd whispered the small bit to me, but Hotchner most definitely heard considering the grin that was suddenly tugging at his lips.

"Well, see you in class, Young."

He waved his hand goodbye, my brain surging over the fact that he'd said something like that so boldly around Natalie. He probably assumed she'd end up getting drunk and forget about it anyway. (Which is most likely what will happen.)

"Oh, shit... Nat, it's already ten, I'll see you later, okay?"

I threw my coat on, smacking a twenty on the table then waving her goodbye.

"See ya! Get that dick, bitch!"

My cheeks reddened at her words, Hotchner only a few steps ahead of me stopping once I caught up.

"I hear you're getting some dick, as she worded it?"

My face blew up red like a tomato, my hands held on my hips trying to hide the fact that I'd been pressing them deep into my stomach to ease the pain from the dick I'd actually 'gotten.'

"Stomach issues?"

Hotch smirked, walking across the street and into his car before I even had the chance to get out another word.

-

Class was long, drawn out, and boring. Hotchner had called on me numerous times, each one an attempt to embarrass me in front of the entire class. I swear to god, he wanted me to drop out more than anyone.

When the bell rang I almost cried tears of joy, packing up all my shit just to be stopped right as I got to the door.

"Misses. Young?"

He really was relentless.

"Yes, sir?"

He stared at me dead in the eye, his eyes pulling from mine just to scan the room. Once we were alone he walked over to the door, kicking it shut then twisting the lock.