05

I woke up to sunlight shining down on me, Hotch across the room retying his tie for what looked to be the millionth time.

It was obvious he was growing aggravated just by the look on his face, but honestly he never really looked 'happy' either. Since I've known him at least.

"Need some help?"

My words were cut off by a yawn, my arms following in routine and stretching higher and higher up and above my head.

"No, that's okay... I'm more than capable to of tying my own damn tie."

The tone in his voice was clearly irritated, but I just ignored it and pulled myself up from the bed. I'd forgotten how late it was when we'd gotten here, cringing at the smell of the same clothes I'd had on from the night before.

"I didn't mean to wake you, you know."

I looked back at the clock before I fully approached him, the time reading six forty five.

"I'm usually up a half hour before this, so I'm sorry for sleeping in so late."

I reached for the thin silk fabric, Hotchner lifting his head in reply and to give me more working space.

"Don't worry about it, the teams not up till at least eight anyway."

I nodded, stepping away then turning my head. Before I could go back to straighten it out, he'd already looked down and done it himself.

"How'd you learn to tie so perfectly?"

I started making my way over to the room service menu, Hotchner on my tail.

"My father."

I sighed, flicking a small crum off of the menu in disgust.

"I figured."

I watched as he grabbed his stuff to leave, but he stopped in his tracks and stared at me flat in the eye. I was pretty out of it, honestly just wanting him to leave so I didn't have to embarrass myself any further whilst ordering on the phone.

"I'm going to grab something to eat, did you want to join me?"

I looked up from the sticky laminate paper trying my best not express the great relief that'd washed over me, setting the paper back where I'd found it then standing up and straightening out my clothes.

"I'd love too- just let me change real quick, if you don't mind?"

I looked him up and down, his suit was expensive, just like my fathers and all his little lawyer friends always were. His watch, tie, and shoes were a big tell, but only people really interested in fashion could tell by the fabric of his blazer that he was doing well for himself.

"Sure, take your time."

His eyes were vigorous as they followed my every move, his eyebrows furrowed like a bendy lawn chair in the ninety degree summer heat.

Even though he said take your time I was quick to grab a fresh set of clothes, wetting my hair not even bothering to try and force a brush through all the knots. The sight of my appearance in the mirror almost made me gasp out loud, but I just kept my cool and worked with what I had going for me. That being a claw clip and some pillow mints.

My dad traveled a lot while I was growing up, and I was often forced to tag along. He always wanted me to watch him at work, saying how It'd help me later on in life. Lawyers didn't like to be kept waiting by an eleven year old girl, though. So it was always in my best interest to be ready in under five minutes.

"Ready?"

I watched as Hotches eyes flicked up from his phone, studying me before he shoved the smart device deep in his pocket.