06

It was Monday morning and not much had changed other than the fact that I was another year older. My birthday had came and gone, both Natalie and my father bothering me the entire day when all I truly wanted to do was lie down and worry about nothing but what my next meal would be that day. Aka what takeout I wanted to order next.

Hotchner had texted me a few times asking if I'd come into the bau, but I just decided it was best to ignore him for as long as I possibly could considering the events that'd... occurred the week prior.

I mean, if he really wanted to see me he knew where I lived... and where my father lived, my mother, and all my ex step mommy wannabes.

Besides the point, I was headed back to law school today; where I belonged. Fighting and solving crimes was fun, but I don't know if I could afford to loose my father in the makes of it all.

I'd be cut off completely, and he'd probably disown me. Well, maybe that's a bit too far, but still... I couldn't loose the only real family I had left, it was bad enough I hadn't seen my mother since she left all those years ago... enough of my sob story, though.

I nearly walked into a wall from how deep in my thoughts I was, looking around like the wind had been knocked right out of me before a tall wooden door swung open right smack in front of my face.

"Young, come in."

I sent the man a look, but he ignored me and held his ground. Greedy little bitch he is that Hotchner.

I let out an exaggerated sigh before I walked into what was now his classroom... I guess. I don't know how he balances his two higher up careers like this... I mean hell, I can barley write an essay on a subject I know so much about like it's the back of my hand.

"I can get a restraining order on you, you know that? The amount of times you've contacted me in the last forty eight hours could be considered harassment- Natalie?"

My face turned when I saw my best friend with her legs crossed over top of my teachers desk, but her usual giddiness was wiped away with a frown.

"I thought you died, Elle!"

She got up and pushed me into the door, my eyes rolling before I even had the chance to stop them.

"So you just go around ignoring all of your little friends I take it?"

I turned to Hotchner, his focus and hands busy as he was digging through some old filing cabinet. I hadn't realized I was twenty minutes early, and if I had I probably wouldn't of been in this situation right now. Instead, I'd be sitting in my Porche enjoying a chocolate croissant and a large cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

"Clearly I make exceptions, because you're not my friend."

I sent him an irritating smile, one that was so annoying it made me want to knock it smack off the center of my face all by myself.

"Elle, stop being so meannnnnn!"

Natalie hit me in the arm, my hand flying to the now reddened skin.

"He's hot!"

She whisper yelled the last bit in my ear, the smell of her breath alone enough to tell me she was both blasted and buzzed. My eyes widened at the realization, considering she wasn't only in a federal grounded building, but right in front of a federal agent, too.

"Are you drunk?"

My voice was barley audible, Natalie just laughing at my words.

"Of course I'm drunk, Ellie!"

I cringed at the nickname, it being the one my mother used to call me. I hated her for leaving, but I hated my dad even more for telling his first ex wife to copy her and call me by the nickname as well.