16

Weeks and months have flown by, cases have passed, and unsubs have survived and died. It was another restless night for me, my mind scrambling into two until my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

I scratched the back of my head, my eyes squinting at the bright light illuminating from my screen.

"Did I wake you?"

Hotchner.

"Actually, no- well, yes... but I'm relieved to say the least."

I could hear the smirk on his face, and he didn't even have to say a thing.

"Oh, shut up."

"I'm not talking."

I fixed my messy bun the best I could, watching as my curtains blew all around in the ever so slightly chilled spring time air.

"Well, you are now."

He chuckled.

"Can I come over?"

I pulled off my duvet, the white blanket flying off me and onto the floor.

"For what?"

I could hear him scrambling around, his keys jittering in his hands.

"I'll be there in five minutes. See you soon, pretty girl."

I hadn't heard the nickname in what felt like centuries, this whole profiling thing really does take a toll on your personal life...

So does law school, which I'll be graduating from next week matter of a fact.

I pulled my legs up to my chest, sitting on the ledge of my window and just looking down at the city. I really could fall out at any second, but twenty feet below was Ms. Daphnes hot tub and it looked rather... inviting.

I didn't feel like changing into anything more appealing for Aaron's or my own benefit, instead I stayed slouched down in my old over sized dance recital t-shirt from years ago and an old black lace thong.

I slipped my legs onto the floor cringing at the feeling of the slick hard wood when I heard a knock at the door, my eyes narrowing when I realized it was already three in the morning.

"Hey."

I held the door opened for my love interest I guess you could say, pleasantly surprised when he didn't immediately push me up against it and start ripping off all my clothes.

"What'd you come over for, it's so late?"

I crossed my arms to conceal the nipples popping through my shirt, the two of us walking parallel and into my bedroom.

"I didn't want to be alone, I can leave if that's what you want..?"

My lips parted, guilt quick to wash over me.

"No, I'm sorry! Well- I just was under the impression you were coming over for a late night booty call or something."

It was dark, but I could see his pearly whites perfectly through the moonlight.

"You think that's the only reason I wanna talk to you after all we've been through?"

I looked away, but he pulled me back.

"It's not, I like talking to you and I like being around you."

I couldn't help the smile that shined on my own face, his thumb rubbing up and down my cheek to soothe me.