13

The day was dragging by, everything taking a lot longer than usual, and overall just becoming a bigger and bigger pain in my ass as the day went on.

Once the clock struck five I didn't waste any time to scurry out of the office, grabbing all my shit and rushing out the door.

I showered, brushed my teeth, and even put on a little matching set. It was obvious I wasn't feeling myself, but when my phone started to ring I paused.

My whole whatever my mood even was paused, my eyes not wanting to peel away from my feet, but I knew I had to pickup the phone.

"Agent, Young speaking."

I tapped my foot, just staring at myself half naked in the mirror as I waited for a reply.

"Oh, yes! My love, my angel. I'm so sorry, but you need to come in. We have a case."

I sighed.

"Thanks, Pen. I'll be there as soon as I can."

After I hung up I ran a hand through my hair, pacing back and forth a few times before I darted to the closet.

For the first time in a long time I picked out some work slacks and a white button up, the dark pants contrasting perfectly with my favorite black louboutins. What can I say, I loved a good red bottom.

I patted my clothes down at the entry way, slinging my bag and coat over my shoulders then really putting my gt to the test as I sped back to the office.

I was silent the entire drive, the thought of swerving off the side of the road seeming awfully appealing right about now.

Sadly I didn't, though... instead I skipped up the steps and did my job just like I was supposed to do.

A lot of people hadn't even left the office yet, most still in the same clothes and same positions they were before I scurried off about an hour prior.

"Elle, hi!"

I'd just set my stuff down, Penelope running down the hall to greet me.

"Hotch and the others are spread between interrogation rooms and crime scenes, but for you I was told to brief you."

I nodded.

"Why were we called in when we just barley left?"

Penelope's giddiness slipped right off her face, and I immediately felt bad.

"Oh- no, I didn't mean it like that I just-"

She waved her hand at me.

"No, it's okay! You're new here, it's fine."

She pulled me into her cave, all different tabs opened flashing all over the place across her many, many computer screens.

"Okay so, we have three killers being interviewed right now... one won't talk, and the others are saying they saw a scratch monster that killed their friends or family when in reality-"

"They did it."

Penelope nodded, my hands going to my thighs to push myself up in the short chair.

"The other victim killed himself, but I love your ponytail by the way, it's super cute!"

I smiled. Nice compliment sandwich?

"Thanks, Pen."

She sent me a closed grin, the sound of rain banging on the windows as I walked down the hall and then- the power went out.

I turned on my phone flashlight, my eyes squinting as I ran straight for the light. Everyone was gathered around in the bullpen, lighting candles and hurling around just as confused as me.