❦A Glimpse About The Past

----------[ 11 years ago... ]

"Are you there? Stop trying to uncuff yourself. You're just going to hurt yourself more."

A man with a black outfit and mask came forward, asking the hostage who was currently tied up.

The setting was cold and dark. Everything looked hidden from the world. The hostage who was named Kiyuri, felt threatened and betrayed by his own bestfriend. He was tied and felt a knife on his neck, all because of his "bestfriend".

"Let me go Osu."

He scoffed. "Seriously?! You're not persuading me Kiyu. You fucking failed for god's sake!" He put the knife closer to his neck at a dangerous distance. Centimeters away from slashing it, and eventually killing Kiyuri.

"ARE YOU REALLY THAT GREEDY ABOUT MONEY OSU?!" Kiyuri shouted. "That man is all about manipulation and money, and clearly you're falling into his tricks! Not only he paid us to be useless assasins, IN THE END HE'S JUST THE ONE BENEFITTING FROM IT AWAY. BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING LIAR!!"

Kiyuri continued, "I agreed to his condition, and for what? FOR MY FAMILY TO GET MURDERED BECAUSE I COULDN'T KILL A SIX YEAR OLD CHILD?!" Tears started falling down from his face. Yet his friend couldn't even feel the slightest pity.

"He lied.... I don't wanna do this anymore.. My family is dead. What's the point?"

Osu stepped backward and loosened his grip from the knife. His intimidating structure gave shivers to him, even if he have seen that face a million times. But this time it was different.

When Kiyuri saw his friend's eyes, he knew something happened to him too.

"The point is simple Kiyuri." He said. "The weak will always be at the foot of the strong. Kill or get killed. That's how the world works."

He was confused. What did his friend just say? Wasn't he trying to kill him a few seconds ago?

"Murder the whole family, and prove you're not one of the weak. I don't feel the same sympathy I once felt for you before as a friend but," He held out his knife and freed him from the ties.

"But... I-"

"I saved you from Endeavor's punishment. Well.. atleast from one of them. It looks like he already got ahead of the first one.." Osu came forward towards the desk on the corner, that held paperworks and weapons for battle.

He held out Kiyuri's picture on it, with his two year old daughter and wife included in the picture. "Give justice to their deaths and for yourself. You wouldn't like Endeavor taking it all wouldn't you?"

Tears.

Osu was taken aback to what came out of Kiyuri's eyes. "Are you fucking crying right now??"

"I'm sorry- After seeing the pictures I couldn't help but shed tears I–"

"Are you really a man, Kiyu?"

He closed his vulnerable spot, and answered his friend. "I AM," Kiyuri stepped forward. "CRYING IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS OSU! IT'S A SIGN THAT YOU'VE BEEN STANDING FOR WAY TOO LONG. A SIGN TO FINALLY LET ALL THOSE PAIN GO OUT. A SIGN THAT YOUR EYES ARE SAYING THE WORDS YOUR HEART AND MOUTH COULDN'T SPEAK!!"

He picked a sharp shard of glass on the floor, putting it next to Osu's neck. His tears dried on his face, blood on his body, mixed with his own blood and the people he murdered just hours ago.

"I am tired of living this life Osu. Hiding from the police, not getting enough food to eat, FOLLOWING ORDERS THAT'S NOT MY OWN," He gave his friend a glare of death, before putting it closer to his neck. Finally cutting it slowly, revealing blood. "I am tired of this lifestyle. I quit as an assassin."