Chapter Forty

I was startled by my own reflection in the mirror. The woman looking back at me seemed foreign yet all too familiar. I had done it. Again.

                I couldn’t even cry as I watched myself in the mirror in nothing but bra and panties. I’d cheated on Miguel. Just like I had cheated on Patrick. Perfect, sexy, wonderful Miguel. I thought I was moving on, and now I had ruined everything. I was absolute shit.

                I glanced down to the sink wallowing in self-pity.

                I looked back up to myself with a determined look. This wasn’t going to be like last time. I wasn’t going to hide from this, wasn’t going to carry on an affair. It had taken me months to tell Patrick. I wouldn’t do that to Miguel. I would tell him as soon as I got home.

                I collected myself enough to go back into the room. Daniel was wheezing lightly in his sleep, rolled onto his stomach. I watched him for a few minutes before taking his phone. I thought briefly about scrolling through his messages, but I really didn’t want to know.

                I called my sister, explained to her Frank getting sick all over my phone and she graciously gave me Miguel’s number again in a hushed whisper as to not wake the baby. She added that I was lucky her phone was on vibrate and that had I woken him she would have literally killed me and then informed me she was going back to sleep and hung up.

                Sisterly love.

                I felt nervous as I called Miguel. I wouldn’t tell him over the phone, how could I pretend everything was okay? Was he worried I hadn’t called him? Had he tried to call me?

                “Hello?”

                “Hey, Miguel.” My stomach dropped at the sound of his voice.

                “Ah! There you are little mouse!” He sounded instantly pleased. “Where have you been hiding? I tried to call you last night.”

                “Frank puked all over my phone so I’m off the grid.” I sighed. “Let me give you the hotel number so you can reach me, okay?”

                I rambled off the number to him, reminded him again what room number I was in in case he needed it.

                “I miss you.” He said gently putting me instantly into tears.

                “I miss you too.”

                “Call me tonight after your big special meeting, no?”

                “I will.” I looked over my shoulder as I felt the bed moving. “I have to go, but I do, I miss you too.”

                We said our final farewells and as we hung up Daniel pressed his lips gently to my neck. I tilted my head away, arching it and giving him more space to assault. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

                “Daniel-” I started in protest.

                “I’ve missed this so much. Everything about you. Your scent. The feel of your skin under my touch. The way your whole body shivers when you-”

                “Daniel please.” I groaned and he pulled me backwards to be laying on the bed.

                “You don’t have to ask me twice.” He growled.

                “That’s not what I meant.” I groaned as he crawled on top of me.

                “Mmm.” He moaned as he trailed kisses down my bare stomach. “I’ve missed these.” He muttered running his hands along the curve of my waist. “And the way you always buck when I touch right….here.” He pressed suddenly on a sweet spot right on the inside of where my thighs stopped and true to his word I bucked.

                “Daniel!” I meant to protest but it came out as a needy whine.

                “God you’re so sexy.” He hissed and let his hands travel up and down all over me.

                “This doesn’t change anything.”

                “Of course it does.” He said keeping his eyes on his hands as they traveled along me.

                “No Daniel, it doesn’t. You still have a wife.”

                “Hardly.”

                “That’s your own fault. I’m not doing this again Daniel. I’m not. Miguel has really been good, and patient, and kind. And I am happy with him.”

                “Then why are you here with me?” He shot back and rather than listen to my argument planted a kiss on my hip bone, followed by a trail of kisses going lower.

                “Stop that!” I gasped but didn’t dare to push him away.

                He linked his index fingers through both sides of my panties and I lifted to allow him to pull them off. “W-we can’t.” I said through dreamy breaths.

                His mouth was suddenly on me in the most sensitive of places and I sucked in a sharp breath. He nipped once at my clit and then sat up. I stared at him in bewildered shock.

                “You said we couldn’t.” He said simply and wiped his mouth off on his arm.        

                “Daniel.” I groaned and lifted my hips up.

                “I don’t want to do anything you don’t want to.” He teased.

                “I want to.” I said through flushed cheeks.

                “You want to what?”

                “Daniel!”

                “Tell me.” He said and looked down, he very gently brought a finger to me and trailed it along my opening. “You’re so wet for me.” He mused.

                “P-please.” I stammered and raised my hips to try to meet his finger but he moved it away. “I want you, please.”

                “That’s not what I wanted to hear, though it’s a good start.”

                I groaned in frustration as he continued to tease me. “I want you to, to-”

                He raised and eyebrow and I knew I was completely red at this point. “Just tell me baby. It’s just me. You know me, you can tell me anything. What do you want me to do to you? Anything?”

                “Just-” I turned my head away. “Just fuck me already.”

                “That’s not what you wanted. You wanted me to take you in my mouth didn’t you?”

                “Just do something already!” I groaned loudly and slapped my hands over my face.

                My knees were suddenly pushed up to my chest and the delicate folds of my most secret areas were pushed open with his tongue. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE & COMMENT