Chapter Seven

I pulled my dress hastily down and looked in the mirror doing the best I could for my hair. "Oh shit." I cursed.

He was sitting on the bed rubbing his temples with his shirt beside him.

"You need to get down. Tell them, uh, oh God. Tell them whatever you need to. We can't go down together."

"Ryan."

"Shit. I'll just have to do my whole hair over again." I growled yanking the bobby pins out.

"Ryan?"

I frantically began spraying hair spray cursing loudly. "We've been gone too long!"

"Ryan!" He practically yelled. I spun around to face him with a pale face. "What does this mean?"

I had no answer. "Patrick is waiting for me."

He pulled a new shirt from his suitcase, I had popped the buttons right off in our haste. "You need more cover up in your neck." He muttered.

I slapped my hand over the hickie. "Damn it."

**

I finally made my way down to the dining hall in the hotel. Crazy to imagine Patrick and his father owned this entire franchise. Patrick pulled the napkin from his lap and stood to greet me. I turned my head and let him kiss my cheek before sitting down.

"Alright boys." Daniel said clearing his throat. I couldn't look at him, and I certainly couldn't look at Patrick, so I examined my pork loin thoroughly as Daniel spoke. "I've got the paper, you've got the pen, let's make a deal."

Patrick senior laughed. "No horse play today?"

I woke up suddenly. "Listen." I said firmly. Patrick senior turned to me with an amused expression. He adored me just as much as his son did, maybe even more. "We know the figures and you know the figures, we could light all these graphs and charts on fire and we'd all still be able to recite what they said word for word. This is what we're bringing to the table. Take it, or leave it." I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back in the chair.

Patrick, junior, put his hand on my leg and I winced.

Daniel looked at me in disbelief, like I'd just set his fucking puppy on fire or something. He was looking at me like I'd ruined everything. Patrick senior looked annoyed at such a clear sign of disrespect. "That's a dangerous move you just did little missy." He warned with a wagging finger. "I know you're new to this, but you watch your tongue in front of the client."

Patrick gave my leg a gentle squeeze and I wished I had a bucket to puke in.

"It's a hard bargain." He added sternly. A smile suddenly broke out on his face. "But a great sell. Give me the damn paper you've got yourself a deal."

Daniel's eyebrows shot up.

"Well don't just sit there!" My Patrick laughed. "Give him the damn paper before he changes his mind!" Everyone laughed and I obliged with my own forced fake laugh.

Patrick pulled his hand away from my leg and waivered to a waiter. "The oldest bottle of wine in stock please. We're celebrating." He turned back to me and kissed me hard. "Have you thought anymore about my proposal?" He asked with a sly grin.

I could see Daniel watching us from the corner of my eye. "Patrick." I put a hand on his chest and ran it down his tie longingly. He was so sweet, so good to me. "I can't move out here with you."

"So we'll buy you a pretty little vacation home and you can vacation out here. Permanently, of course." Of course.

"I can't. I just got a really big promotion at work." I laughed and he returned my laugh with a pout. "Fly out and see me." I suggested half-heartedly.

I was stricken with just how much I did love Patrick. It was like I hadn't realized it until this exact moment. The exact moment, in which I realized we had past our expiration date and were souring. It was over.

"I will. And you'll be back to see the building progress soon enough."

"Of course." Great, more planes, and more stays with Daniel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Alright folks! I know, it's short but that's okay. It's an early update so it's still a good thing. I might have speciall treat for you guys coming up! Hopefully, maybe, if I can get it done soon enough.

But go ahead, let me know your thoughts. What do you think Ryan might have been thinking sitting there between Daniel and Patrick, yikes.

Anyway, you all know the drill, let me know of any mistakes you caught or ways to make my novel better and as always......

Vote, comment, follow, share