Chapter 8

Murray gets out of his seat and walk over to us. He looks about the same as the last time I saw him. His belly was bulging, his hair was messy, and his clothing had pizza and bacon grease all over it. He smirks then says, "I guess you feel into my trap."

Erica glares at him but keeps quiet. "Oh, sorry. My bad. Hello hot stuff, and bestie, it's nice to see you again."

I guess I look confused, because he responds, "you are bestie. I still consider you a friend. We're like frenemies."

"You were never my friend. You only were using me."

Murray seems to be hurt. "How many times do I have to tell you, what I did was just business. I thought of you as my closest friend. I told you most of my secrets."

"Not the one about you being a double agent though." I interject.

"Well, I couldn't tell you about that. You were still the good guy at the time. You might have ratted me out. But now I have finally succeeded on capturing you and your girlfriend."

"I'm not his girlfriend!" Erica yells.

Murray just shrugs his shoulders like its no big deal. "Best friend, girlfriend, same thing. Well now, I guess I have to go succeed in my VERY evil plan."

"Don't you mean SPYDER's evil plan?"

"You really thought this was SPYDER. What a loser."

He turns around and points to two people. "You keep your gun on her. You keep your gun on him. Take them back to my room. Make sure that they don't get away. They have done that one too many times."

He turns around and starts to walk away. Then he turns back, "Oh I forgot to tell you Ben, I'm going to work on MY next evil plan."

He starts to laugh and signals for the other people to join in. I guess he doesn't have full control over his agents. He starts to walk out again, but then turns back to me forgetting to say another thing. "Oh yeah, I forgot. This is what it looks like being an evil agent. You could still join me, Ben."

I glare at him and try to sound scary as I say, "go die in a hole."

He chuckles and then leaves. "It's your fault when we get billions of dollars, and you are dead. Don't say I didn't give you the chance." With that were left with around 10 agents on each of us, and Murray was going to work on his evil scheme.

One of the agents grunts, "follow me or I'll shoot you."

Erica smiles, "and what then, it sounds like your boss wants us alive."

He glares at her, "he is not my boss. My boss probably would not care if you were dead. So don't try anything on me. Now move."

We start to walk along the ship towards the third floor. I guess their room is down there. Right when we pass over a walkway, Erica drops a penny. She stops, "sorry can I pick it up."

The person holding the gun to her head glares and says, "no. I'll do it."

He bends down to pick up the penny, and a few seconds after, it explodes. Smoke fills the area we are in. I don't know how Erica believes that she can beat all the agents on us, but I still go cower in the corner. Once the smoke clears, I see Catherine, Mike, and Erica standing around a bunch of unconscious bodies.

I look at Erica, "how did you know they were there? No one else knew."

She smiles, "I'm just observant."

Catherine walks over to us, "hello children. It seems every time I leave you, you find a way to get into trouble."

Before thinking about it, I run up to her and hug her. She smiles, "it's good to see that you are safe Ben. But we have a bigger problem. Murray now knows that we are on board. Once he finds out that you escaped, he will send all of his men to try to find you. We now have to hide in plain sight but stay away from all agents."

Erica smiles, "Well maybe not. Murray is not the boss here. He is working for someone else, and they might not want us dead."

I look at her, "how do you know?"

"Did you see how hard he was trying to prove that he was the one in charge and making the plan. He was obviously lying. Also, the person who was guarding me told me that he worked for someone else. It is probably some person higher up than Murray. "

Catherine smiles, "Great job sweetheart!"

"Don't call me that. As my mom said, we still have to avoid all the evil people here. There are definitely some."

Mike interjects, "I hate to cut in at the scary conversation, but we know which floor Murray is staying on now. Isn't that important?"

"Yes, it is, but first we have to regroup. That's why we are going back to our room first. Then we can try to find Murray."

We walk into our room to find that everything was out of place, and Alexander was missing.