Chapter 23

Final chapter!

I start to head back down the stairs, disappointed. Yes, we thwarted WLA, but Joshua Hallal got away with both Trixie and Erica. That's when I heard the loud thud of the helicopter landing back on the launch pad.

I start to run upstairs to see what had happened. Erica and Trixie hop out of the helicopter and race over to Cyrus and me.

I pull Erica into a hug and whisper, "never ever do that to me again."

"No promises." She whispers back. "But don't worry. I know what I'm doing."

"I killed a guy grandpa!" Trixie exclaims.

Erica rolls her eyes. "All you did was knock him unconscious."

"What happened?" I ask them.

"Not much." Erica responds. "I went to the helicopter and started to fight Joshua. I had it easier since he was also trying to fly while fighting me. Trixie came up from behind him and knocked him out. Then I landed the helicopter. I had everything under control. And now we have him to interrogate once we arrive."

"Good work girls." Cyrus grunts. "You have done much for your country."

"I've changed my mind." Trixie exclaims. "I don't want to be a spy anymore. This was too much, and I didn't even do most of the work. Doing this all day every day. I think I'll go back to being a regular person, but I am able to help you guys when you need it."

"I agree with you honey." Says a voice from behind us.

I turn around to see Catherine, Zoe, Mike, and Murray carrying a lot of weapons.

"We thought you might need help." Mike says.

"Thanks, but Erica already saved the day, with help from Trixie." I respond.

"I agree with your mom." Cyrus responds. "But I think that we should also teach you how to defend yourself, in case you ever find yourself facing some of our enemies."

"Great!" Trixie says.

"If you guys don't mind. I'm going to take a shower." Erica says. "I still have a little blood on me, and honestly a nice warm shower would be nice after all of this. You can all have fun up here though. We are the only people on this boat, besides the captain, who are not in cells."

With that she starts to walk downstairs back to the rooms. I start to follow her having nothing else to do.

"Erica wait!" I shout.

"What do you want."

"Well, what now? We have already defeated WLA, SPYDER, the Croatoan, and the Shangs. Do we become normal students now?"

"Nah, there are plenty more evil organizations out there that probably want to kill us. I've heard about a level 14 threat that needs to be dealt with. We might be the perfect team."

"Oh well. I guess that's good. Hopefully we don't get sent on another mission right after we get back though."

"Well, I am going to shower, but do you want to go to the water park with me afterwards. Those waterslides were really fun, and it would be even more fun without having to worry about an evil organization trying to kill us while were on it."

"Sure!"

She walks away from me, as I stand there smiling. Did she just ask me out on a date?