Chapter 12

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I've been super busy and completely forgot about it. I'll give you guys a double update today to make up for it. 

-BWE

I have to say, sitting in a tiny room with no entertainment or people is very boring. I think around two hours went by before I gave up on trying to escape and fell asleep. Though sleep is also not relaxing. I'm plagued by nightmares filled with Joshua Hallal, Murray, WLA agents, death and the worst possible events that could happen. I constantly wake up, sit for a few minutes happy that I escaped my dream, get bored, wish that I could fall back asleep, start worrying about my friends, worry about escaping from here and stopping WLA, falling back asleep, only to face more nightmares. I think it's around 2:30 when I get my first visitor. Though I desperately want to see Erica, it's actually Murray who comes to see me first. What he does surprises me. "Ben, I uh have to get you out of here."

"What! Is this some sort of trick?"

"No. Uh, your life is in danger. I'm trying to save you."

"Why would you do that?"

"Ugh Ben! Why don't you just listen to me. I don't have time to explain. This is your life we are talking about. If you don't want help, I'll leave."

"I just want to know why you would help me escape."

"I just, well, ok here is what I know. Joshua and Erica were in Joshua's room for a while. A few hours later, he came storming out, very angrily. I don't really know what happened in there, but I know that the Ice Queen infuriated him. He then gave everyone an order saying that there was going to be a public demonstration for anyone who stands in WLA's way. The main event would be him killing you. As much as you are annoying and have ruined everything I've done. I don't want you dead. Not when I could have a chance of saving you. I still kind of consider you a friend. So, I have decided to free you in one condition, you keep me safe after we are free."

I look at him closely. He seems sincere, though he has lots of times when he has betrayed me. I guess I really don't have a choice. I need to get out of here and save my friends. "Sure. It's a deal."

Murray takes a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door. I run out to freedom. Though I can't celebrate now. I need to save my friends. "Murray, where are Catherine, Mike, Alexander, Trixie, Cyrus, and Erica being held?"

"All your stupid friends are in a room on the third floor. There are guards on the outside, but they are not really paying attention to the people outside of the room, because we are on a cruise ship, in the middle of the ocean, with no one but WLA agents."

I quickly come up with a plan. "Ok, grab a smoke bomb at your weaponry, I'll be sneaking behind you. We will go to the room where my friends are being held captive and through the smoke bomb down. We will unlock the door, and they will be able to do everything else. Then we will escape."

Murray smiles, "it's fun working with the good guys. Follow me, I'll lead you to the weaponry."