Chapter 19

I slowly blink, as I start to come back into consciousness. I look around and realize that I'm back in a room with Mike, Murray, Catherine, Alexander, and Cyrus. I don't see Erica anywhere. Trixie runs over to me. "Guys! Ben's awake!"

Everyone else starts to come over to my bed. I still don't see Erica though. "Guys? Is Erica here?"

Everyone starts to look uncomfortably at each other. Finally, Cyrus says, "No. The only reason you are here is because someone brought you to our door. We thought you were dead."

"Do you mean last night actually happened?"

Mike looks at me curiously. "What happened?"

I don't know how to answer. "A lot. Erica and I were about to die. I'm not sure how I even got here. Oh, we also figured out WLA's plan!"

"What is it!" Everyone yells.

"Well, WLA is making the air temperature rise, by admitting natural gasses into our atmosphere. Once the temperatures rise, all the water will be evaporated into the air. I'm guessing they will want people to pay a lot of money to save the environment. Then they will remove the natural gases and the water will return. They are going to sell water purifiers to people, so they can drink the ocean water!"

It takes a little time for everyone to understand what I had just said. Cyrus starts to move towards the door, but Catherine stops him. "We have to come up with a plan. WLA has probably started this operation, which means that we have to reverse everything that they have already done. The environment is already bad enough."

Cyrus grunts, "We could just go in there, steal the remote that they are using, and turn the stupid thing off."

Catherine counters back, "but we don't know enough about their operation. They might not even be using a remote to control this. First, we need to infiltrate their headquarters, find Erica and save her, find out more information on how WLA is completing their scheme, figure out a plan to thwart them, and then actually thwart them!"

"Oh, and we need to save Trixie too." I chime in. "Erica thought she would be safer in jail, but we should probably get her out of there now."

"So now we have to save both my daughters and the entire world!" Alexander whines.

"Shut up!" Cyrus yells. "Ok fine, we have to do some reconnaissance. Catherine and I can go do that. Murray and Ben can save Erica, and Alexander and Mike will save Trixie. After that we can come back here, explain all the information that we have found out about WLA, come up with a plan to stop them, and then save the day. Got it!"

I hate to ruin this plan, but I have to tell them, "WLA's plan will probably be unstoppable by the end of today. We don't have the time to do all of that. I've already wasted enough time when I was unconscious, but Catherine is right. We need to save Erica and Trixie and find out more information about WLA and Operation Shark."

"Then what do we do now?" Mike asks.

I sit back down. "I have no idea."

"We just have to go in there and hope everything goes well." Catherine says.

"Or we could pray to the gods that someone will help us out of this mess." Mike says.

"Or we could just sit here and let WLA win." Murray chimes in.

"Shut up!" We all yell.

I hear a voice from the other side of the room. "It sounds like you need a little help. Luckily for you, I've already done everything you need to do."

Erica and Trixie are standing there, with information and a way to stop WLA.