Surprises

I groaned, forcing myself off the couch to make myself something to eat. Mark was gonna be gone for at least one more day since he's at Comic-con. It was so boring without him there, and a little lonely. I use to like being home alone, which I use to be, every day. My parents went to a lot of bars, often taking my sisters with them. A different place every day of the week, and they were usually gone for over twelve hours. It was the only time I felt happy while I was at home. Now that there is someone I love being at home with, it's different.
        Just then there was a knock on the door. Curious, I walked over and looked threw the peep hole. When I saw who it was I felt my jaw hit the ground. Or maybe that was just the doorknob. I quickly pulled the door open.
        "Oh I'm sorry, I must have the wrong house." Yamimash said, about to leave.
        I tried to gather up my inner fangirl, "Are you looking for Mark?" I asked.
        "Yea I am." He said, turning back towards me. "So this is Mark's apartment?" He asked. When I nodded, his eyes widened. "So Mark finally has a girlfriend then." He said, smiling at me. I smiled back and stepped aside so Yami could come in.
        "Mark's going to be gone one more day, but at least you can surprise him even more."
        "You won't ruin the surprise right?" He asked, giving me a serious look.
        "I promise!" I said, smiling again.
        "Well that's good, but also not a problem." He said, making me give him a confused look. Yami's smile grew, and then I felt someone wrap their arms around me.
        "Surprise!" Mark whispered in my ear.
        "Mark!" I yelled turning around and wrapping my arms around him. "I didn't think you would be back yet!" I told him, smiling.
        "I actually thought I would be gone longer, but turns out that getting something turned out easier then expected."
        "What do you mean?" I asked, confused. Mark turned around and grabbed a cardboard box, placing it in my arms. I placed it on the floor, and sat in front of it. Both men sat down next to me. I opened it and gasped at what I saw. "Mark....is this....?"
        "Yeah." He said, smiling sadly. "Your parents were having a garage sale, this was all the stuff you mentioned you missed from your old room." He said.
        I glanced at all my old valuables, absolutely speechless. It was simple stuff: A couple dragon statues that I had bought, the stuffed zebra I've had since I was three years old, a couple of my favorite books, and a green shield with a unicorn on it that I got from the Renaissance festival, and lastly a green butterfly wind chime. I wrapped my arms around Mark again, a tear falling from my eye. "Thank you so much Mark." I whispered.
        He hugged me back, smiling. "You're welcome." I pulled back and quickly kissed him, smiling like crazy.
        "This is one of the many reasons I love you." I told him.
        "It's a good thing I love you too." He said back, smiling even wider.
        Yamimash awkwardly cleared his throat, "I'm still here guys." He said, making us laugh. I hugged Aaron too, making his eyes widen, which caused Mark to laugh.
        "I should have warned you that she really likes hugs." He said, chuckling. 
        "Shut up." I laughed, pulling away from Aaron and hugging Mark again.