Chapter 28

-Piper's POV-

A few days after Cole was was born, the doctor said he was able to leave and go home. He was tiny for being full-term, but he was healthy. Cole's birth weight was 5 pounds and 13 ounces and he was 19 1/2 inches long. He's a peanut. As Harry and I were getting Cole ready to go home, there was a knock on the door. I had just put Cole in his car seat and sat down, so I didn't want to answer the door. Harry answered it.

"Piper, doesn't want to see you," Harry said.

I tilted my head to the side and looked at Harry, "Is it my mother?"

Harry shook his head. "Well, who is it then? They can come in," I smiled.

Cole's biological father walked in. I glared at him as I was putting items in the diaper bag. I didn't know what to say. What do you say to someone who raped you?, the person who got you pregnant at 15.He took a few steps closer to me, "I just want to talk to you. I know that I hurt you and I'm sorry."

All I could do was stare at him. Who does he think he is, showing up and trying to apologize to me? I laughed for a good two minutes and looked up at him, "You're sorry? What are you sorry for? Raping me, getting me pregnant, leaving me with scars - physically and emotionally? You knew what you were doing. You are going to have to live with what you did because your ass is going to jail." I couldn't say anymore to him, he needed to leave. "Please leave. I have to get home."

As soon as we got home, I couldn't wait to lay in my bed. Cole was sleeping so we just let him stay in his car seat while I laid on my bed for the first time in a few days. Oh how I've missed this.

I grabbed my phone and call my social worker. We were supposed to set up an appointment after Cole was born. She has talked about possibly getting me emancipated. My dad has already told me that if it's what makes me happy, then he will sign the papers. But I'm pretty sure my mom just wants to make me suffer.

Sometimes I like to think my mom would just want me to be happy. After all, I am her child. I don't understand how she could go from saying she didn't want me to making it seem like she loved me now. When I was in the hospital, she wanted nothing to do with me. She was ready to sign away her rights as my mother, because how are her daughter be depressed?