Chapter 29

-Piper's POV-

Today Cole is 1 month old. My baby boy is growing too fast. He is starting to lift his head for short periods of time, he will grunt and coo when he sees me or Harry, and he reaches out for toys even though he can't grasp onto them yet. He's weighing at just about 6 pounds and 5 ounces. He lost some weight after being born, which is normal for babies. His eyes are a greenish blue color and I hope they do not change. He's starting to resemble his biological dad more and more each day. I hate it, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Harry has been a great help. He will wake up and make Cole bottles in the middle of the night when Cole starts crying so I can get extra sleep. He's been at the recording studio from 9 am to 11 am every day, coming home for lunch to check on Cole and I, then going back after lunch and returning home at about 3 pm.

I'm also meeting my social worker today to discuss my emancipation. My mother has signed some papers, but I need to appear in front of a judge so a judge can see I will not be in an troubles financially. My mother has told my dad that she does not want to be here for court, but she will sign the papers.

The doorbell rang just as I was about to make Cole a bottle. I have a screaming infant in one hand while opening the door to an unexpected person. I thought my social worker would have been early, but it was Cole's biological father. I took one look at him and slammed the door in his face, he again rang the doorbell and I ignored it. I had to make Cole his bottle or else I'd go insane with him crying. After making his bottle and sitting on the couch, I heard footsteps. Derek was standing in the doorway. "What the hell? How'd you get in here?" I said, looking up from feeding Cole.

"I just came to talk to you. I need to talk to you." He said, staying in the same spot.

I couldn't believe him. He thinks it's okay just to walk into someone's house? "Derek, I don't want to talk to you. If you want to talk, you can come back over when Harry is here." I looked at the clock, seeing it's about 10:30, "Actually, he will be home in about a half hour. You can sit on the porch and wait for him."

He left me alone and went outside. I was setting Cole in his bassinet in my room as I heard feet coming up the stares, Harry appeared in my bedroom doorway. I glanced at him and smiled, taking the baby monitor and bringing it with me as I walked out of the room. "Is Derek still on the front porch?"

Harry shook his head, "He told me you said you guys could talk when I came home. Piper, I'm only home for a half hour. If you two want to talk, make it quick. I don't even want him here. He's in the living room."

I nodded my head, "I don't even want to talk to him. I'm just curious to hear what he has to say."

Harry sighed but agreed with me, following me into the living room where Derek was sitting. I took one look at him and then looked at Harry who looked at Derek. Harry opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted, "Alright Derek, you have 15 minutes to say what you need to say. I don't want to put up with your shit anymore. What do you want to talk to me about?"

He stood up and looked at me, "I want monthly visitations for the baby. He's my son too and you can't keep him from me."

I shook my head, "No. That's not happening. He will know that you are his real father. He will know that you didn't respect me enough to know that when I said "no" I meant it. He will know that Harry was there for me throughout it all and that Harry has cared about him from day one. When you saw me a few months ago at the restaurant, you didn't say anything to me. You wanted nothing to do with me then and you won't have anything to do with me or mine and Harry's son now. If you try to fight me for custody, I will win. I have texts from you apologizing from the night where you said you were 'sorry, but you just couldn't take no for an answer.' Now please, leave."

"Piper, I'm just asking for monthly visits to see him and his progress. Even if it's just for an hour. I don't want to have the law get involved with it." He said, walking to the door.

I looked at Harry and just started crying. How can this "man" want to be in Cole's life? He never cared before, why does he care now?