thirteen

oh, sports day. ten's least favourite day of the year. however this year he was leading the soccer event with johnny, which sorta made it alot better.

"come on boys!" ten cheered for his team, standing next to johnny who was just laughing at the latter, "we need to beat johnny's team!" he yelled, running around, receiving whines from johnny's team.

ten sighed tiredly, walking back to johnny and leaning against him, "you're gonna lose, i hope you know that."

"i'll believe it when i see it," johnny chuckled, "my team is actually pretty strong!" he watched the boys kick the ball around, and although he didnt really understand sports, he found it entertaining.

"yeah!!" ten yelled, jumping up when his team scored the winning goal. he poked it tongue out at johnny before running over to his team and high-fiving each and every one of them.

johnny and his team just laughed at ten and his team fondly, as johnny congratulated them too for their efforts. ten smiled, returning to the man, "you can all go to lunch break now!"

"you look warm, are you okay?" johnny asked, as ten leant against the wall, "do you need water

ten laughed, panting, "im good, but water would be awesome right about now."

johnny chuckled and passed the younger his bottle of water. ten tilted his head, "this is yours, right?", receiving a nod from johnny, "want me to pour it or?"

"oh just drink it, you'll die of dehydration otherwise! stop being dramatic," johnny laughed, "im sure you havent got any deadly disease. im sure i'm safe."

ten giggled, sipping the water slowly, pushing his hair back. johnny watched him longingly. watched as his eyes sparkled in the sun, and admired his pretty - slightly sunburnt - cheeks.

"thanks," ten took a deep breath, passing the bottle to johnny again, "i hate sports."

"yeah no me too," johnny agreed, before passing ten a hair tie to put his hair out of his face, "are you free later?"

"johnny, i'd much rather just go home and have a shower," ten sighed sadly, followed by a laugh, "you get me?"

"you can shower at my house! and also, it's saturday tomorrow~" johnny whined, attempting to convince the boy. ten sighed, knowing johnny would be able to convince him.

"yeah alright whatever," ten gave in almost straight away, making the smile on johnny's face wider than it was already, "you're lucky you're cute."

-

"heres a towel for you.." johnny said, walking around the house grabbing things for ten to use in the shower, "use whatever soaps and hair stuff you want, it all smells good."

"i'll be able to smell like you!" ten smiled with a laugh, "what a blessing."

johnny rolled his eyes, fluffing up ten's hair and walking out of the bathroom, "shout for me if you need anything. lock the door if you want, but it's a bit stiff to unlock so dont panic when you're locked in there."

"oh great.." ten laughed again. johnny walked away, and ten took a deep breath, listening to johnny's gentle laugh. he turned on the shower, before undressing and stepping in.

he's never been this happy before. although the two hadn't really done much together in the romance department, except hold hands, having the man care for him, and look out for him, really felt like love.

in the other room, johnny smiled too. he sat on his bedroom floor, going through his drawers for something ten could wear. he settled for a large shirt and some shorts, as the summer heat was deadly, especially at night.

he felt so special to have ten in his life. he'd been pretty lonely, apart from jungmo, so ten coming into his life really brightened it. ten was like his saviour.

-

"comfy?" johnny asked, as the two got comfortable on the sofa. ten whimpered, struggling to get the blanket to cover him fully, "i'll take that as a no-"

"help me~" ten whined, as johnny laughed at him. johnny  pulled ten up, before throwing the blanket over him, and wrapping it around him, "thank you~"

"you're so dumb," johnny rolled his eyes, reaching for the controls, "come closer, here.."

ten cuddled up to johnny, resting his head on his shoulder, and holding his other hand gently as he scrolled through netflix once again. he fidgeted with the man's rings that he hadn't taken off yet, and admired his hands.

johnny enjoyed ten's fascination with everything. he was like a little kid. he loved watching him be amazed by literally everything. it was wholesome. but he just wanted to cuddle.

so he took ten's hand firmly, and held it, stopping him from fiddling. ten giggled, resting down again, closing his eyes and yawning, "if i go to sleep, wake me up. i dont wanna sleep yet.."

"no, i'm gonna leave you asleep," johnny chuckled, "you're tired, you need sleep."

"but i dont wanna~" he whined once more, "because if i sleep now, before i know it, it'll be morning and i'll have to go home!"

"hey, we have tomorrow! you dont have to go home straight away, do you?" johnny asked, getting a sad head shake from ten, "yeah, exactly, so if you do fall asleep, it isnt a crime, alright?"

"hmph-" ten groaned but gave in, relaxing again, "move us to your bed if it gets too late and im asleep please? i dont really want back issues."

"i will, dont worry," johnny assured, "now just rest. you're slurring your words, and as adorable as it is, i think it's a sign you should sleep."

ten nodded, and johnny turned to face the tv again.

the two smiled. neither of them had ever had a bond like this. when they were together, it felt like fireworks. it felt like a love song was playing on loop whenever they held eachother. this was the teen romance johnny wished for.

carefully, the american leaned down and placed a gentle, soft kiss on the younger's head, before stroking his forehead to make him feel sleepier. he felt so content. he loved everything at this very moment.

a/n i have to leave the house tomorrow and im dreading it. i hate summer so much