3. Unexpected Encounter

◀ ▶

"Jimin, there you are!" he heard someone shout the moment he came into the office. 
It was chaos inside. His colleges were rustling around, running from one office to the next, nearly crashing into him, some of them shouting over the floor, rattling out orders and questions. 
He pushed past the people to the waving boy at the doorframe to their office room, labeled in big fat capital letter's as MARKETING TEAM B. 

Yoongi looked at him like his savior just arrived, letting out a long breath. 
"Jeez, why are you late now of all days, hmm?" 
He shot the dark haired boy a guilty expression. 
"Sorry, had something really important come up."
He'd been at the doctor like he promised Jin and thanks to God, he caught nothing from his unprotected wild night out. At least one mercy. 

"Is he already here?" Jimin breathed out, horrified by the possibility. 

"No. You think we'd all be this hectic and frenzy if he would already be here?"

Jimin let out a relieved sigh as he stepped into the room and dropped his stuff on his desk, taking his jacket off while Yoongi followed him. 

Everyone else of his team was already here. 
Yes. 
His team. 
Marketing manager of Team B. 

It still thrilled him every time he stepped into this room. 
The promotion a month ago had taken him by absolute surprise, but was proof that his hard work was paying off. Two years in this company and he was already entrusted with his own team! This was his chance to prove how valuable he was for this company: J-Jeon's, a fashion brand which had skyrocketed two years ago and was on his way to become the most famous brand in all of Korea. There was even talk about going international soon.

His time to shine. His time to proof himself. 
But getting appointed to Marketing Manager had also meant several hours of working late into the night and barely getting any sleep. Which is why he had needed this weekend so badly. 

Yoongi was his accountant: or the numbers of the team, telling Jimin what was possible and what was not. Jimin liked to call him the realist who sometimes had to pull them back from their clouds and too crazy ideas and bring them back to facts and reality. 

Jackson was responsible for the media, making sure whatever strategy they came up with would be spread on all social medias, in radios, on billboards and more and was in close contact to their web-design agencies and other digital media art agencies.  

Yoona was their head of marketing research, evaluating other brands next to their own, defining target markets and opportunities to stand out and make profit while also checking current trends and fluctuation in demands. 

Kai was their communicator, talking to the production teams and charged with the problem to figure out what was possible, what not, if the prices would be okay and how fast it could be done. 

And Jimin- Jimin was responsible for all of that. He was the one who listened to them, but then had to make the actual decisions, navigating between the trends and what was possible, the how's and when and where's, and then create a strategic plan to present to the head team of Marketing.

It was exhausting, even as he loved it. Loved to feel like he was the main director of an orchestra which would only play a beautiful melody with him in the middle. But he still valued every single one of his team mates. He knew- just one violin out of tune, and the audience would notice.

 But there was still a long way up for him. The possibilities were limitless. 
And with the new changes about to happen...

"Sorry I'm late guys," he apologized to his team who waved it off with easy grins, not holding it against him, even as they looked slightly concerned. Jimin was never late.
"Well," Jackson let out while leaning back in his hair, hands interlocked behind his head.
"All's good since the big boss hasn't arrived yet."