11. Kitten

◀ ▶

Yoongi POV

He wasn't able to relax until Jungkook came back downstairs, his shoulders slouching in relieve. 
The boy shot him a short nod and then pretended like nothing was wrong. 

Bullshit.
He'd known Jimin for more than two years now, and never seen him so lost and angry and confused. And despite the fact that he really liked the guy, he hated what Jungkook was doing to his friend. 

Sweet Jesus, he'd been beyond shocked when he finally connected the dots. 
Jimin's weird behavior started right on the day Jungkook stepped into the office. And then his face as he had entered this house and seen Jungkook. And the most obvious of all: the way he was looking at Jungkook and the young boy staring back at him. He couldn't believe the other's hadn't noted. 

Well, he thought, glancing at Namjoon who had not stopped chewing his lips since coming back from talking to Jungkook and found Jimin on the way down.
He was pretty sure Namjoon knew too, maybe even more than him. 

It was pretty messed up. Not only did Jungkook have a fiancé, but he was their boss. And no matter how friendly and awesome he was right now, he still held power over Jimin- could get him fired. He hoped the younger wouldn't do that, and he didn't think he would, but truth was, he didn't really know Jungkook that well yet...

But Yoongi had problems of his own. 
And this time, they had nothing to do with money and everything to do with the boy who stood in their middle right now, dancing and laughing and singing along to the loud music. 

He remembered the shame and embarrassment when he had come knocking at Jimin's door. 
He'd known about the boys before of course from Jimin's stories, but never actually met them. 

And just when he thought he had hit rock bottom, this smiling boy had appeared in front of him and told him everything would be all right. 

What the boys had did for him... they had no idea. 
And yet, Yoongi couldn't live like this forever. He hated to know he was living of the expenses on others, not contributing to anything. 
He told them he had quit his job at the post office even though he had gotten fired.
If not for living in the flat now, he would have been royally screwed. 

But it changed nothing. 
He would find another job and pay his share of the rent. He hated feeling like a leech and it bothered him to no end that they kept refusing his money. 
He knew they meant well, but they didn't understand. 
His parents had taken money from other's too and look where it had gotten him.

Jin, Jimin and Tae might understand, but Hoseok was different. He came from a fairly wealthy household, never even having to think about money and he swarmed around Yoongi like a mother bee, making him breakfast, cooking him dinner, and yesterday, he had come home with several bag of new clothes for him. 

He meant well, but it made Yoongi feel like a charity case. 
But the way he always smiled at him, so happy and giddy, how could Yoongi refuse? Hoseok was just too nice. And Yoongi, who normally spoke his mind freely, could not find it in himself to tell him how his generosity made him feel uncomfortable. 

Even now, the boy danced and smiled at him, then hurried to the kitchen to bring Yoongi another beer when he saw it was empty. 
He took it with a thanks, trying to see it as nothing else but a friend being observant. 
Then the younger dropped himself on the sofa next to him, clinking his own beer with his.

"So, are you having fun?" he asked, his smile making his eyes glitter like stars. He really was beautiful. 
"Yeah, I am. A bit weird with.. you know.. my boss sitting across from me, but definitely fun."