15. Truths Better Left Unspoken

◀ ▶

Jimin turned on the surface he lay on with a content sigh. He couldn't remember the last time he'd awoken and felt this rested. 
Safe and rested and content- safe for the slight aching of his butt and his wrists. He frowned with closed eyes. What happened?
He didn't dare open his eyes when he remembered- coming to Jungkook's office, slapping him, the younger torturing him with not allowing him to come. 
Sweet. Jesus. Christ. 

He was in his bosses office, sleeping on the sofa. 
He kept very, very still until there was a male chuckle closely nearby, and then:
"It's cute how you think I don't know you're awake, angel."

Jimin groaned, then blinked open his eyes, only to find the younger sit at the edge of the sofa, a folder in his lap, but staring at Jimin instead.  
Jimin's breath caught as it always did when he saw the boy, his heart beating violently, before he got a grip over himself. 

But there were still things he had to say. 
Slowly, he sat up, wincing as he put too much pressure on his wrists. 
He saw Jungkook's gaze drop to the angry wilts and an apologetic expression settle over him. 
"Sorry," he spoke roughly, then cleared his throat. "I didn't mean to bind them so tight."

Jimin gaped for a second, not having expected his apology. Not when he had planned to say the same. 
"I deserved it. I really shouldn't have hit you. I'm sorry too." 

And then Jungkook looked as surprised as he had. 
Jeez, he looked so young when he was caught of guard, his eyes round an huge, his mouth tuning into a cute, little O. 

Jimin couldn't help the soft smile growing on his lips, and it managed to make the younger look even more surprised, his expression bordering on wonderous as he stared at Jimin. 
That's when Jimin realized: it could be like that with Jungkook too. Soft and cute and he knew if he reached out to ruffle his hair, he would let him. Maybe pull him close and hug him. What would it feel like? To have the younger just hold him tightly? 
No fighting. No excuses that it was only their attraction making them act like this?

It scared him. 
It scared the living shit out of him that he wanted that. That he felt his body twitch to reach out to him. That he couldn't look away from his eyes, he moment stretching into infinity.
"I should go," he mumbled out, throwing away the blanket and starting to stand- but Jungkook was faster, reaching out first and pulled him close to his chest. 

The taller sighed as he brought his arms around him and just held him, burying his head in Jimin's neck as he softly whispered: "Just let me. Just for a moment. Please."

Jimin shuddered at the words and how unbelievable gentle it felt. How he felt Jungkook's even, content breathing against his neck and how different it was to the Jungkook he had come to know. It wasn't like he thought Jungkook didn't have this side to him, but he never thought he would show it to him- want this with him. 

And despite the fear- despite knowing this would never work out, he wrapped his own arms around his neck and held on to him. Just a moment, like Jungkook said. 
Just this small moment in time, he would allow it. 
Allow himself to breath him in and feel nothing of his fear and insecurities or the knowledge this wouldn't last. 

Just a moment, where he would forget Jungkook was his boss and had turned his life upside down the moment he had stepped into it. 
Just a moment where he had no fiancé and was just his. 

Just a moment, where he let himself imagine what it could be like to have him- to be with him not just physically, but have all of him. His body, his heart and his soul.