Chapter 14

Emma P.O.V

"Are we ready to go?" I asked as soon as Ray had woken up. Everyone was nervous but mostly ecstatic. For Ray, Norman, and I, it would be our second time planning something like this. Although this one seemed riskier.

"We're ready!" Norman yelled. Ray gave a nod while trying to calm down the younger kids.

I walked over to Ray, "Are you positive there's a way out from inside the cave?" Ray shrugged, "Maybe?" "Ray!" I hissed. "What? Ask Don, he's the one who came up with the idea," he said, clearly not paying attention. "Ray! Pay attention! What are you even looking at?"

"I'm looking at my will to live," Ray replied. "Oh, that makes sense. How much do you have left?" I wondered. "Not a lot," Ray said.

"What are we talking about?" Norman asked, walking towards us. "Ray's will to live," I answered. "I-ok." Norman gaped.

"Are we going to go yet?" Don inquired. "Yea, let's go!" Ray shouted over the chorus of children.

———————————————————————————

"How long do you think it will take to get out of here?" Gilda asked, looking worried. Honestly, I was worried too. 20 minutes into the cave, we had already noticed that we weren't the only people or things in the area.

"Probably an hour, 2 at most!" I say, offering a smile.  Ray rolled his eyes, "Be realistic Emma! It'll take at least a day. And that's only if everything goes as planned."

"I was only trying to think positive," I argued. "Oh, I can think positive too! We're all going to make it out safely in less than a day. Then after that, I'll throw everyone a party for how amazing they are!" Ray said sarcastically.

"That's not Ray," Norman said. "Yuck. That was too positive." Ray shuddered in disgust. Norman and I looked at each other before laughing.

"Ok, that's enough," Don said, smiling at our shenanigans.

Ray P.O.V

I leaned towards Norman to get a better look at the map. There were 7 different paths we could take once we reached the main center. The main center was the middle of the land, but 11 feet below the surface. Norman said it would take an hour to get there since our previous location was surprisingly close to it.

After about 40 minutes of walking and joking around, Norman pulled me to the back of the group. "What?" I asked. "I figured we could keep watch from the back." Norman shrugged innocently.

I could feel my face heating up as I swiftly turned my head away from him. "You know, we made out in front of horses. Horses!" Norman said. I smiled at the memory. I waited for him to continue. "So would you be my boyfriend?"

"What a wonderful time to ask me!" I said sarcastically. I waited for a moment, "But sure. Just please don't tell Emma yet!" Norman nodded, accepting my condition, "I wouldn't have let you say no. My first kiss was in front of a freaking horse!"

"You guys are falling behind!" Emma yelled, disappearing from our sight. "We know!" Norman yelled back. I sighed, "Let's catch up."

I was about to walk ahead when Norman grabbed my wrist, turning me around. Before I could question him, a pair of lips crashed into mine.

This kiss felt different from the first. Maybe because animals weren't watching us. Norman's hands found their way to my waist as my hands latched around his neck. Everything seemed perfect as if we weren't in any danger at the moment.

"Aww!! My babies are growing up!" Emma squealed. Norman and I quickly broke apart and looked away embarrassed.

"Although, stop kissing at the wrong times!" Emma hissed. "What?" Norman shrugged. "What do you mean what! This is a life or death situation Norman!" Norman frowned, "Exactly! This could be our last kiss." Emma thought about it, "You're right. Now continue!"

"I'm out!" I announced as I rushed to the front, ignoring the calls from Emma and Norman.

What if that was our last kiss.

What if it was the last time we would be close to each other.

A while ago, I wouldn't have cared about dying, but for some reason, I don't want to lose my life.

Plus, there's no Normans' in hell! How can I live without Norman?!