Chapter 6

Norman P.O.V

We searched for what seemed like hours, but it was only 30 minutes. We spotted Aito and were able to follow him to wherever he was keeping Ray. Ray was tied in a chair passed out. He looked beaten and bloody. He had blood coming from his wrists and small cuts on his neck. He had bruises on his arms and legs. There was nothing too severe, besides the deep cuts. Emma watched out for Aito while I quickly broke the rope that tied Ray and carried him out. "There's a hospital across the street at the far end!" I saw it when we were looking around." Emma quickly said. We ran to the hospital and barged through the door. We bumped into a doctor who quickly realized what was going on and grabbed Ray from me. We waited in silence for the doctor to come out. When he did, he asked for our parents. I covered Emma's mouth and said, "Our parents are out of town, but if you can call Paradise Resort and ask for a lady named Lillie, she'll come." He nodded and called the resort. Lillie came shortly after, she quickly greeted us again and started talking with the doctor. We were able to see Ray a few moments later. He was laying in bed, he looked normal. "Are you ok?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. "Are you sure? He got up from the bed and did a few cartwheels before saying, 'I'm fine Norman!" Emma quickly tackled him in a hug, "Nevermind, I think I broke a few bones!" He screamed. "You're lucky I decided to come save you!" Emma yelled back. The two fought back and forth until the doctor walked in. He cleared his throat to get our attention, "Ray, you're able to go home today. You don't have any severe injuries." We thanked the doctor and left.

A few days have passed since that day. We haven't heard from Aito which is a good sign. Right now we needed focus on the task at hand. We needed to save the other kids. We were going over the plan once more, we changed a few details like actually going to the right orphanage instead of the burned down one. We planned on entering the same way we left. We would find our way using the map from there and take the kids. Since we would have the dead tree ready, we wouldn't need to make a zipline. We could use the horses to knock the tree away. Ray and I would steal the horses while Emma and the others would get the supplies ready.

"Norman hurry up!" Ray hissed at me. It was 7:00, we were planning to leave in an hour. I followed Ray to the stables. We quickly took some ropes and tied them on a few horses. Luckily, the horses were okay with us using them. Ray was about to walk out, but I grabbed him. It had been awhile since we were on our own. He grabbed my shirt and kissed me. Man, and I thought I would make a move first. I didn't know how long we had been like that, but Emma came running and then stopped, "Don was right! Do you guys even know how long you've been gone!" We both stopped and stared at her embarrassed. Ray nervously asked, "W-what was Don right about?" "Oh he said that you guys were probably hooking up since it was 7:43." she replied teasingly. We quickly grabbed the horses and ran out of the stables. We decided to ride them since the path was long. Before we left Ray said, "Anna, Nat, you guys are in charge ok? Take care of the little ones!" They both smiled and waved goodbye as Emma, Ray, Don, Gilda, and I left.