Chapter 17

Ray P.O.V

"So, what happened?" Lillie asked as soon as the excitement had finally died down. We explained everything to her. She waited for us to finish explaining before telling us what went on with the other kids while we were gone.

While we were talking, Norman slowly stumbled out of the medical area. I ran to him while Emma yelled, "Norman, what are you doing?!" He laughed, "Calm down, I can walk...sort of." She continued to scold him. "You're more worried than Ray!" Norman joked. "What do you mean? He's literally grasping onto you so you won't fall. I'm just yelling at you. You can fall for all I care." Emma gave a devilish smile. Norman looked down at my hands, then looked up at me and smirked. I immediately let go, "You deserve this." I smiled. Norman instantly fell. "Oww! I'm the injured one!" Emma and I laughed at his pain.

Norman P.O.V

It had been a few weeks since the incident. Everything was slowly getting back to normal. Well, as normal as things can get around here. We decided to stay low for a bit.

I watched as Emma and Don tried forcing Ray into the pool. I jumped up and ran towards them. "Norman, help us!" Emma yelled. "Sure," I replied. "Norman, don't you dare!" Ray threatened. At the most, he'll probably try lighting me on fire. I shrugged, "This is worth it." I backed up and ran towards Ray. We both tumbled into the water. "Norman!" Ray screamed, but a small smile was forming on his face. "Definitely worth it," I whispered softly, tracing his smile.

"Hey, Ray," I said. He turned his head towards me. "If I asked you to date me, would you?" Ray rolled his eyes, "Just ask the actual question, idiot." I chuckled, "Ray, will you be my boyfriend?" Ray smiled lightly, "Of course, stupid."