i was busy not being busy

Amara's POV:

A fucking hour later, the food was finally finished. I had to go back into the kitchen to help the two idiots since neither of them knew how to read apparently. Kageyama had an excuse but papa? What the fawk is going on with him. Is he going blind??

"So, Kageyama, you play volleyball?" Shiori asked.

"He's a setter!" Papa pointed out, messily shoving rice into his mouth.

"Don't talk while you're eating!" I scolded. Where was this man's manners?

"I've been playing since elementary."

"Oh, wow! That's very interesting. I'd love to see you play sometime!"

"He's really good, he's like a genius!" My father slapped Kageyama's shoulder, fairly aggressively I might add.

"Papa, lay off the drinks!"

"Oh it's fine!"

"You're making a fool out of yourself. He's gonna think of you as a drunkie instead of one of the players from the neighborhood association," I shrugged. This type of thing always worked on him.

"Ah ah! Maybe you're right Mazo, I am getting a bit of a belly!" he laughed obstreperously.

"Anyway, I'm glad you were the one to sweep my daughter off my feet!" Kageyama blushed sheepishly, looking down at his meal, "I was beginning to think she was gay!" Let's just say I don't even think I could physically express how much humiliation I was experiencing at the moment.

"WHAT !? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!"

"Well.. yeah. I don't even think I've seen you interact with a boy other than Kageyama," my father rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"I cannot believe you," my face was so far into my arms, I was not coming up. This man just fuckign destroyed me, "I need a new family."

***

"Alright, we'll be upstairs!"

"Okay, don't have too much fun!" Kageyama followed me up the stairs and into my bedroom where I immediately flopped down.

"Oi, your skirt."

"Don't look there!" I shrieked, flipping myself over and into a sitting position.

"Your fault, baka," he sighed, "I should probably go soon."

"Eh? You can't leave," I stared at him dumbfounded, he knew he was staying over right?

"I can't leave?"

"No you can't, my dad already thinks you're staying over," he let out a short hum before walking over to me and abruptly dropped himself onto me.

"Get off! I need to go change!"

"Don't."

"Why?"

"I like that top," he started, "And the skirt."

"So you just like my outfit?" I quietly laughed at him, he always over complicated things for no reason.

"Basically."

"What if I change into one of your shirts?" He raised his head at my proposal, looking fairly intrigued. He said nothing, only lifted himself off of me and shoved me toward my closet. I quickly slipped into a random shirt I'd stolen from him at some point. It ended about mid thigh, so I made sure to put on some shorts, even though you couldn't see them.

"There, done," I announced, walking out and back over to my closet, "I literally have a whole outfit of your stuff so.. at least we know they'll fit!" I laughed sheepishly. He glared at me, aggressively taking the clothes out of my hands and stalking to the bathroom. I tend to steal literally everything from his closet so he was a little iffy about me having so many of his things.