Chapter 4

#third person pov#

  Luna's eyes shut. She swayed for a moment before tumbling down, pushing back her chair and falling to the ground. Everyone stared at her in shock and confusion, while Lily, who was sitting beside her, hauled her up onto her shoulders and trudged to the front of the class, where Mr Fisher excused her to go to the nurses office.

  In the office, the nurse checked all over Luna's exposed skin areas, but didn't find any signs of why she might've fainted. The nurse didn't bother about Luna anymore, until two hours later when she still didn't wake up.

  The nurse called the ambulance to come immediately, she and the principal went to the hospital with Luna. Her brother, Alex, along with Tom, were informed about this, and they too went to the hospital.

  "Uh… we're looking for Luna Feller," said Alex nervously- he was never calm in these type of situations, especially when his sister was at stake.

  "How are you related to her?" Asked the middle-aged lady who was sitting at the front desk, a pair of round glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. "I'm her brother," he replied, again with uneasiness laced in his voice. "And you?" The lady looked at Tom. "I'm her uh… boyfriend," he replied.

  "Oh," noted the lady. "Well in that case, she is in room 59, just round that corner, take the stairs up and the room is on your right." Alex and Tom thanked the lady and walked away.

  "Really Sparkles*?" Said Alex, unbelievably. "You're her boyfriend?!" The man on his left sighed. "Well, then the lady wouldn't have let me visit her if I'd said I was her 'close friend'," he stated. "I needed some relation to her."

  Alex shook his head in fake disappointment at his friend. They finally reached the room, where Luna was in. She was lying on the snow-white hospital bed, her red bangs covering her face and her black hair splayed out on the pillow. A clear tube went in her arm, an IV dripping into it.

  Alex sat by her bed, a worried expression, a knotted stomach and fucking crazy with anxiety. He held her hand, which was a little colder than a healthy person's should be. Her face was slightly paler, and the awkward beeping in the corner was a bit too slow for comfort.

  "What am I gonna fucking do?" Wailed Alex, holding his sister's hand. Tom had been reading the report on the end of her bed, and had now decided to speak up. "Fuck…duude," he said, only now the worry started to creep in. "Uh… there's something you should know…"

  "What?!" Exclaimed Alex. He was feeling nervous about so many things it was hard to concentrate on which worry to worry about the most. Tom didn't want to say, and instead pulled up Luna's shirt she was wearing. Alex nearly died then. A large white bandaging over her stomach, with a little blood that seeped through. This was it. He had reached his breaking point and was now in tears. Had he not done his job in being a good brother? Was he not good enough?

  Anyway, let's leave those two boys to it. Back in school, the bell had just rang, and the day was over. Finally! Lily hurried to the nurses office, only to find that her friend had completely disappeared! But the other just told her that Luna was sent to the hospital with nurse 1 and principal.

  Lily rushed to the hospital in her car, went to Luna's room, and found a broken-Alex and a slightly crying Tom. Then she saw Luna, and what a sight it was. Behold, the bloodiness of your best friend, lying down dead still on the hospital bed, a red bandaging on her stomach.

  Lily put her hands on Alex's shoulders and sighed, "Parv, don't worry. It'll all be alright in the end." Alex continued to sob nonetheless. Lily sighed again and rested her chin on his head. Alex was rarely in these type of situations, and he was taking it very harshly.

  Just then, a nurse came in. Behind her followed more nurses and a doctor. "I'm sorry to disturb," she said firmly. "But I'm afraid we'll have to take Luna away. She's going to undergo an operation. A large piece of metal is stuck in her wound."

(=^・ω・^=)