Chapter 15

#third person pov#

"Noo... I don't want to, and anyway, this year and next is optional." States Luna matter-o-factly. Lily sighs, "Well, at least tell Alex." Then she just strolled out of the room.

Hmm... Luna thought, How do I get back to the Sirs' place? She pondered for a moment, before deciding that she'd call Smith and ask him for the address.

"Alex?" She called out to her brother, who was heading to Yogtowers with Sparkles*. "Yeah?" He called back. "I'm dropping out of school!" She announced plainly. "Okay!" He replied, then Luna heard the clicking of locks and a door shutting.

She pulled her phone and dialed in Smiffy's number, then waited for four rings before he picked up.

"Hello?" He says.

"Heyyy."

"Luna, what do you want?"

"Ehh... What's the address for your house?"

"56 Parlimount Road, Ganter Street, right turn. Why?"

"Uh... No reason..." Luna trailed off awkwardly, then ended the phone call. She opened the Maps app and typed in the address excluding "right turn", went out to her car and drove off to the place.

Because Luna didn't type in "right turn", her phone GPS assumed that she wanted to go to the left turn, where the old disappearing man told her to. She stopped at a small hill, where the GPS voice announced in a monotone, "You have reached your destination."

Confused, Luna got out of the car and looked around, searching for a house. But to no avail. She trudged around the hill, inspecting it carefully. It turned out that there was a mountain just behind the hill, and there was glass windows and a door.

With the same amount of curiosity you might have when seeing a bow that read, "DO NOT OPEN", Luna went to the door and opened it, without confirming if there was anyone inside. Luckily for her, there wasn't.

This house seemed to be in a hollowed out mountain, but the walls on the first level were replaced by wood. There was a small area with fences and doors, but it was bare. A small window, a door at the window, a stone ledge and a waterfall just in sight.

There was a coiling staircase in the middle of the level, so Luna walked up it. There was a wooden gate that led to a small area with a stone and mossy stone floor. There was this file of rock and a few ovens, toasters and things like that. Two drawers just by the door, one filled with canned mushroom soup, and one almost empty.

Luna explored other places of the house, then she came across the top "level" of the staircase. It wasn't really a level, considering it had nothing except a window that had a view of everything below, a small railing, and a place to sit. It wasn't even a room, really. But there was this packaged box and a piece of paper placed on the floor. She crouched down and picked it up, the note reading:

"Dear whoever who reads this,
I have had a happy life, content with what ever happened to me. Although my wife had passed away a year after we had our second child, that never stopped me. In life, nothing really ever stops you but death. We've had a family heirloom that lasted since 1794, when my I-don't-know-how-many-greats-away grandmother passed this to the next generation, and so on, until it reached me. I have yet to pass it to my children, but sadly, they have gone abroad to study for five years.
I am an old man, and I cannot possibly live to wait for them to come back to give them the heirloom, so I am writing this now. Whoever who gets this, please, if you are able to, give this to my son or daughter.
My son was born on 20th of April, 1926, and his name is Gregory Alden. My daughter was born in the year 1942, December 5th. Her name is Delilah. If it is possible, please pass this heirloom on to them. Thank you.