Chapter 5

Chap 5 finally out!!!

  #Lily pov#

.

.

.

  What the fuck?!

  We had to leave the room, to sit outside on the hard, uncomfortable plastic chairs, only to see the unconscious Luna being pulled away to the emergency room. My heart broke at that time seeing my best friend being pulled into that room for the fith time.

  Poor Alex was in crazy tears now, and I really don't blame him. He didn't do anything to deserve this fate. A single tear rolled down my cheek as I sat next to him, thinking about what 'fate' will bring us next. I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. It didn't work though, he just sobbed all the harder. I wondered how long the operation would take, and if Luna would survive.

  The one hour waiting time was ffing stressful as shit. Alex hadn't stopped crying, although Tom and I were telling him that it was going to be alright. One hour was all it took, one single hour, before the doctor from the emergency room walked out. He looked like he was in his mid-forties, maybe late thirties even, with a pair of rubber gloves sticking out of his coat pocket. I could worryingly see a little bit of blood on those gloves. Alex finally looked up with wet eyes and the doctor smiled at us, as we looked back at him with willingness.

  "I have news to tell you," he said. "The operation went very well. We managed to remove the piece of metal," he smiled feebly at us. "And the bad news?" Asked Tom hurriedly. "There's always bad news, right?" Oh Tom, why in the world would he ask about the fucking bad news?! "Ah yes," the doctor chuckled nervously, his gaze shifting a bit. "She might not make it, looking at the amount of blood she's lost," he said, tactfully.

#third person#

Alex's sobs were louder now. He didn't want his sister to suddenly die on him. She had so much to live for! So much more things to go through that happens only once in a lifetime! "You can see her later during the visiting hours," the doctor said, suddenly breaking Alex's mind of thought. "She might at least make it till then."

  Lily gave an exasperated sigh, then said with venom in her voice, "So we're only counted as 'visitors' to her? It that it? Nothing more? And 'She might make it till then'?! So if she doesn't make it, then what? Is it too bad for us? Do you want that?! Because, apparently, well just visitors!" The doctor tried to deny her argument. "No, its ju-" She cut him off. "So basically, if she dies, it would only matter to us as much as it matters to any other person! And you doctors and nurses, don't give a shit! If she dies, you'll all be like, 'Oh, she's dead. TOO BAD. Let's tell the people who are important to her and PRETEND TO BE SAD AND SYMPATHIZE FOR THEM'" Lily's nostrils were flaring and her eyes were fired. She didn't care if this was going to cause a heated argument, she wanted to rightfully claim their spot in "important people" and get to see Luna.

  To her massive surprise, the middle-aged, short tempered, don't give a fff so called "doctor", just walked away! She scoffed, way to angry to feel any sorry for the man who was crying beside her. As she sat down, a pang of agony striked her heart and a lump in her throat formed. What if Luna really didn't make it?

  They waited for another half an hour before the visiting hours were open, then the three anxious, miserable and sorrowful souls went to Luna's room. She was in those blue hospital cloak things, with a new large bandage around her wound. She was unconscious, laying so still on the hospital bed.

  Although Alex's heart broke at this sight, he still managed to regain his composure a bit and he sat next to Luna, holding her hands tightly together.

  Lily sat at the other edge of Luna's bed, staring at her wounded friend with longing eyes. Funny, she thought. Why isn't Tom in the room with us?

  Her question was going to be answered. Tom was just outside, and he spotted a familiar face. Brown hair, brown eyes, and a another man with blonde hair, blue eyes.

  "Toby!" Tom exclaimed. "Sparkles*?" Asked the boy in confusion. "Why are you here?" "I was just about to ask you the same thing!" Replied Tom.

  "Well, to see out father. He's bedridden of cancer or some shit, I don't really know," shrugged Toby in an offhand way. "You?"

  "Parv's sister has just gone through an operation, an the doctors aren't sure if she's gonna make it," said Tom sadly. "Can I see her?" Toby asked. Tom nodded. "Her room's here, if you ever want to visit."

  Tom pushed open the door and Toby's eyes widened at the sight of Alex crying really badly. Then he realised who was on the bed.

  "Luna?"

(=^・ω・^=)