Chapter 6

#Luna pov#

  "Luna?" The voice called. I was in a strange yet familiar land. A grassy hill with patched of wildlife grazing in the grasses. A light blue plastered the sky and a river flowed peacefully beside me. This has happened so many times before, yet I always fall for the trap. Wait for it… And BOO! The American Horse Story creepy girl thing comes up and jumpscares me. FUUUUUU-

  I awaken, to the fuzzy visions of people. Strange voices were mumbling about, movements were being made. "Luna," the voice called again. "Luna?"

  "Y-yes…?" I replied in a groggy, croaky voice. All the heads turned to me. My cheeks burned and awkwardness floated throughout the room. I tried to move up, but a searing pain came shooting from my stomach area.

  "Hush… Don't move." Came a cracky sound from my right. A warm something held my hand and another stroked my head. My hair was in a mess, it was all up in my face.

  "Where are we?" I asked in a soft tone. "The hospital," replied a man who was now towering over me. He had ginger hair and a kind, warm smile. I recognized this to be Sparkles*. Or Tom, in my case.

  Tom informed me about what happened beforehand and I asked him things that needed to be filled in. So in conclusion, I was in the hospital because I fainted at school, or so Lily had said, and I was sent here from the nurses office and Alex had been informed. Then the doctor told Alex and Tom that there was a piece of metal in my stomach or something and that he needed to carry out an operation to remove that. I had a low chance of surviving, Alex had said, and I didn't think I was going to. I mean, a stab, then more blood loss through removing-a-piece-of-metal-from-my-wound procedure.

  A new voice spoke up. Something distantly familiar. The same voice as before. "Luna," it said. "How do you feel?" Instead of keeping quiet like I usually do to stangers, I replied, "A little woozy, and a little bit tired. But fine all in all."

  "Oh great." Said another voice, this time a feminine one. Lily had spoken up, as a reply to mine. She came to me and stroked my head. "You're fine, yeah?" She asked, just to make sure. I nodded and smiled at her. Looking up ahead, a boy who looked about my age stood there, his brown eyes shimmering in the light. His gaze caught mine and I quickly looked away, realising who that was.

  Just then, a man in a white doctor's suit came walking in with a small smile painted on his face. His fake smile of sympathy lasted only until he saw I was awake. Then his smile faded away, and his face became hard like a piece of oak.

  "Well I see that she's awake." He smiled. "No," Lily replied sarcastically, "her eyes are just glued open and her mouth is being held up so we don't lose hope that she dies." Tom sighed, and so did everyone else.

  "Anyway," the doctor continued, ignoring Lily's comment. "I think you may be wondering if she can be discharged yet." My thoughts exactly. Well, everyone's thoughts exactly, actually. Waiting eyes stared back at the doctor, as if expecting him to say, "Oh yes! She can go now! Just walk on right home! Nono, don't return the gowns, we don't need them. Yes! Please be on your way! Goodbye!"

  It truly seemed that everybody wanted him to say that. But he just stated, "If her wound isn't bleeding badly, tomorrow will be a good day to discharge her. If not, the latest will probably be by next week." He smiled at us, to me, then walked out of the room.

  "I'll be going now," said the brown haired boy, who seemed to be Toby, if I remembered correctly, "we need to see our grandad now."

  We wished their grandad good luck for a better health without even knowing why he was here or what he was suffering from- well, maybe Alex or Tom or Lily knew, not me though.

#third person pov#

  It turned out that Luna didn't get to be discharged the next day, nor the next week. Her wound caused tension and pain in the muscles around it, so she couldn't do things that used the stomach muscles: sitting up, stretching, walking or running.

  She was released on the 5th of March, four days away from her birthday. Although it was tempting to go back to school, Tom and Alex insisted her to stay home for at least another two more days before going. Lily would bring her back the assignments given by their teacher.

  On the day before her birthday, Lily and Luna left school early, excused by their teacher. They went to buy some nice clothing for Luna's birthday.

  The girls went from shop to shop, an undecided feeling lingering in the air. Finally, Luna settled on a purple chiffon top, some black tights, red flats and a grey skirt.(Media) Lily paid for it, and then the girls went home.

  In the warm amber evening sun, Alex brought Luna out to a field and they sat on a grassy patch watching the sun slowly decend. She lay on her brother's shoulder and sighed contentedly.

(=^・ω・^=)