Chapter XXI

One Year Later

Jimin had completely engrossed himself in the dance studio and would spend a majority of his time there. Hoseok decided it would be better to let Jimin continue with his contemporary and ballet styles whilst he learned the other dance forms and so he made Jimin into a teacher for the children's dance sessions. Jimin was enjoying teaching the children and his life was slowly getting back to normal. Taemin kept a watchful eye on Jimin and their relationship had become something close to best friends. They would travel together, cook and eat together, practice together and go to parties together. Safe to say, Jimin had gradually opened up to Taemin quite a lot and the two were back to how they treated each other during their childhood times.

They often spoke to their parents over video calls and tried to look genuinely happy as a couple. Mr. Park would only turn up to see if everything was going well and check if Jimin hadn't run off to Jungkook behind their backs. Jihyun often tried to avoid the calls and would leave as soon as he made sure Jimin was healthy and doing fine. And it hurt Jimin to see his own brother avoid him and hate him like that. Both their mothers along with Taemin's father and brother would coo at the pair and tease them for already living together like a married couple.

Jimin's butler too, often called Jimin to check up on him and every time Jimin would ask him the same questions about Jungkook. But after Jungkook's departure from Busan to Seoul, Mr. Lee found it hard to retrieve any information about Jungkook and so Jimin's questions were always left unanswered. Jimin didn't have any other way to find out anything about Jungkook, about how his health was or how he was doing. But one thing that kept him assured was the fact that Jungkook was under Jin's care and Jimin had complete faith in Jin.

Namjoon would visit the couple on most of the weekends to make sure Jimin was fine and would try to comfort the two. He too was trying to find some normalcy in his life and kept himself busy with his work and patients. To say, overall, Jimin was slowly getting used to life without Jungkook but even so, there would be times when he would breakdown and retrieve back into his shell. Those were the times that worried Taemin the most.

The more they stayed together, the more hopeful Taemin became of having a life just like that with Jimin forever. But then whenever he saw Jimin miss Jungkook and mourn over their love, Taemin felt like he was being slapped in the face by the harsh reality. On such days, Jimin would shut himself off completely, not talk to anyone and go without eating for days. He would even ignore Taemin and give him the cold shoulder, breaking his heart mercilessly. Even then, Taemin didn't let himself get discouraged and kept looking after Jimin.

After all, Taemin had promised Jimin that he wouldn't force his feelings on him, and that's exactly what Taemin did. He would stay right besides Jimin, no matter how much the latter pushed him away. He would take care of Jimin selflessly because he loved Jimin. He would do it all without expecting anything in return just as promised. Just like a mother, Taemin would feed Jimin his meals, give him a bath and put him into fresh clothes whenever Jimin refused to move his body. Taemin didn't know for how much longer Jimin was going to have these breakdowns, but he was sure he was going to be there for Jimin every single time.

And just about an year later, Jimin had his final, one of the worse episodes after which the dynamics of his relationship with Taemin changed a great deal. It was the day, when Jimin finally came to terms with the fact that his life, now, had no Jungkook in it and it was going to remain like that for how long, no one could tell. It was the day when Jimin realised and completely understood the consequences of what he had done and how there was no way he could ever go back into Jungkook's life again.

The day started pretty normal, Taemin and Jimin left for the studio together. The weather was very gloomy and Taemin was already getting a bad feeling about it. No matter how much he tried to shake it off, Taemin couldn't help but feel like something was not right with Jimin. This feeling became even stronger when Jimin refused to have breakfast with him under the pretext of having an early class. After that he even skipped lunch and did not eat anything through the entire day. When Taemin confronted Jimin about it, Jimin tried to brush it off casually but Taemin knew not to trust a word coming from Jimin at such a time.