Chapter X

The morning could not have been worse for Jimin. Starting the day off, Jimin slept through his alarm, again, had to skip breakfast. And, to top it off, his car wouldn't start because he had forgotten to fill the tank up, once again. He had to get Mr. Lee, who had surprisingly fallen ill, to drive him to college and Jimin seriously felt bad for him. He proceeded to be late for class and, the frosting on the cake, he managed to forget his homework. Jimin had a feeling the day wasn't going to get any better.

"Mr. Park, a moment, please." Mr. Choi called Jimin when the class was over.

Jimin held back a sigh and marched up to him as the rest of the students filed out.

"Yes, Sir !" Jimin saluted. Just because he was having a bad day, didn't mean he couldn't still act like a smartass. Mr. Choi leaned back in his chair, smiling, and Jimin fleetingly wondered how comfortable that would be if he sat in it.

"How are your lessons with Jungkook going ?" he asked.

"Surprisingly well, actually."

Mr. Choi didn't seem too surprised to hear his reply. "I had a feeling you two would hit it off."

Jimin would have suspected an underlying meaning to that if Mr. Choi wasn't his teacher. Not another matchmaker, Jimin hoped.

"I'm sure he's preparing you well for the entrance test. Which, by the way, will be in three weeks."

"What ! Three weeks !"

Jimin did not think it would be that soon. In fact he thought that maybe Mr. Choi had already forgotten about it. There was no way he would be ready by then. It seemed like a long enough time, but Jimin knew it won't be enough for someone like him. If this test is nearly as hard as the last time, then there was no chance he would be able to make it through again. And then he would have to bear the torturous classes on weekends along with a long scolding from his father.

"Yes, Jimin. I believe that is plenty of time to learn what you need to know. Have faith in yourself. And have faith in Jungkook."

Jimin slouched his shoulders and skulked to the door, muttering mockingly. "Yes, Mr. Choi. Whatever you say, Mr. Choi."

"That's what I like to hear." he shouted as the door closed behind him.

"Hey, Jiminie." Jin had been waiting for him outside of the classroom. They haven't been able to hang out very much, because Jin's been busy with rehearsals and Jimin was busy with studying. Now he was about to be drowned in studying.

"Hi hyung." Jimin grumbled, lacking his enthusiasm.

"What's wrong ?" Jin asked.

Jimin dragged his feet as they made their way to their classes. "I just found out the test is in three weeks."

"Oh no ! That's bad." he wrapped his arm around Jimin sympathetically.

"Understatement of the century hyung. I guess that means I'll have to buckle down and study more. It'll be difficult talking Kookie into it though." Jimin said dryly.

"Kookie ? You have a nickname for him now ?"

Jimin mentally face-palmed himself. It just slipped out. Because of his visit to the orphanage, he got so used to hearing everyone call him Kookie that, he didn't realise how it came out of his mouth too. And it seemed even more weird because Jin didn't know that Jimin and Jungkook were now on somewhat good terms.

"It's not a big deal. Less of a mouthful than 'Jungkook'. Plus, I don't like saying his name anyways."

Jun stopped and turned to him. "Are you still going to have time in your busy schedule of learning to come to the play tomorrow night ?"