Chapter XIX

Recommended song - Dancing with your ghost (Sasha Alex Sloan)
———————————

A couple of days after the phone call, Hoseok booked the first flight back to Korea to discuss things further with Yoongi. He left the studio after directing everyone about what was to be done and boarded the flight, both nervous and anxious at the same time. After the 13 hour long flight, which he spent reminiscing about the old times, Hoseok step foot into his homeland after 6 whole years.

A lot had changed over the years, he himself was no longer his old self, but yet, somehow, as he walked out of the airport, everything felt oddly familiar to him. It was as if he never left. He took a cab to the hotel he was going to stay in, he had no idea what his role here was or what exactly Yoongi needed him to do. Which is why he hadn't thought about his accommodation in detail.

Once he had settled in, Hoseok took out his cellphone and called the one, and only, person he still kept in touch with from Korea. Kim Taehyung.

"Hyung ! Finally you are back !" Taehyung started blabbering as soon as he picked the call up, not letting Hoseok utter a word. "Where are you right now ? There's so much we need to talk about. God I miss hanging out with you so much. We have to go out to eat and there's so much I have to tell you. WHERE ARE YOU !"

"My goodness, Kim Taehyung, calm down will you !" Hoseok felt breathless just listening to him. "I am in the same hotel I told you about last night. And yes, we will go out to catch up but first I need to talk to your brother."

"Nice, you come back after 6 years and the first person you want to talk to is Yoongi hyung. So much for calling me your favourite dongsaeng." Taehyung spoke in a pout, trying to make fun of Hoseok.

"Yah ! You know it's nothing like that. Everything that there was, ended the day I left. You know what happened 6 years ago Taehyung. The reason I am here now is because of work. Once that is done, everything will return back to where it was and him and I will once again go back to being strangers." Hoseok spoke solemnly.

"But I don't think Yoongi hyung wants that hyung. I think he wants everything between you two to go back to how it was in the past. You know that too, don't you ? Isn't that partly the reason why you are here ? Because you want to mend things too." Taehyung said.

"That would be true for the old me Taehyung. In the past I would do anything to have our friendship back. But now, now I don't think I would be able to handle that pain anymore. It was easier for me to lie to myself in the past, but after all that's happened, I don't think I'd be able to do that again."

"Then don't do it hyung. How about you be honest with him ? In the past you couldn't do it but now you can. There is no reason not to." Taehyung insisted.

"I can't Taehyung. I couldn't do it back then, and I can't do it now. The reason remains the same, past or present, he would never look at me the way I look at him. So I don't want to hurt myself any more than I already have. I am here just for old times sake, for a closure."

"But hyung !" Taehyung paused for a moment and decided to let the topic slide for now. "You know someone once told me you should never give up your hope too soon. You never know what the next moment might bring for you. Maybe the next time you open your heart, your wish might actually come true."

"What do you mean ?" Hoseok laughed at his vague comment.

"I mean to say, someday you might just find hyung confessing his love to you."

Hoseok just laughed in response at Taehyung's silliness. All these years and he was still the same stupid little boy.

"Don't laugh. I am serious hyung. And for the record, last night I told hyung where you would be staying. So that day might even be today you know." Taehyung continues lightening up their conversation a bit.