Chapter XV

A couple of hours later, Jungkook fell asleep in Jimin's arm while they were sitting on a bench just outside the coffee shop. Drunk Jungkook was a dead weight and it took great amounts of strength for Jimin to carry him all the way inside and lay him on the bench while supporting his head on his lap. It was cold but Jungkook was pretty warm and the alcohol in their systems helped a great deal to keep them warm. Without even knowing it himself, Jimin fell asleep too, only to be woken up by Songyi eomma at 4 in the morning.

Songyi had walked through the front door, bumping straight into the bench by the entrance to find Jungkook lying on Jimin's lap, who was asleep too with his neck twisted at an odd angle. She had to blink twice in order to actually believe what she was seeing. Jungkook was asleep. Correction - Jungkook was asleep on Jimin's lap !

"Jiminah ?" Songyi stuttered slightly, catching Jimin's attention.

Jimin's head turned to the left, a soft smile on his lips. "Songyi eomma ?" he spoke quietly, trying not to disturb Jungkook.

"Oh dear, how long have you been like this out here ? And for how long has he been asleep ?" Songyi questioned, unable to take her eyes off of Jungkook who was peacefully sleeping.

Many times she had gone into Jungkook's room to check on him, and he would be asleep. She would go in, before the nightmares swept in and just make sure he was alright. Jungkook would always be sleeping, but he always looked strained, like he was unhappy. Jungkook never, not even once, looked as peaceful as he did as he slept there next to Jimin. Especially today. September 1. Songyi could never forget this day.

"About an hour or so, I would have taken him back to his place but we were both too drunk to drive and he practically lives on the opposite side of here and he kept on insisting to come here so... I thought about leaving him here, but it was too late in the night and I didn't want to disturb you and the kids so I carried him up till the bench. I was going to leave but, he wasn't so good and he's lying on me, and I'm sort of trapped." Jimin explained the entire thing without even realising he was babbling.

Songyi just ignored the babbling, and focused on Jungkook, still in shock at what she was seeing.  "And he hasn't woken up or anything ? No sign of the nightmares ?" She questioned, not thinking about what she was saying.

"No ? What do you mean nightmares ?" Jimin questioned, pulling Songyi's attention away from Jungkook.

"You don't know ?"

"Know what ?" Jimin questioned. "Is that why he works the night shifts ? Because he has nightmares and he can't sleep ?" Jimin asked, quickly catching on at what Songyi was saying.

Songyi didn't answer, she just looked down at the floor, not wanting to give the teenager an answer. Songyi had thought that Jungkook had probably told Jimin everything by now, but it was obvious that he had only told Jimin about his mom.

"What happened to his mother and why is he like this Songyi eomma ?"

"He's had a lot of bad things in his life Jiminah, and he's handled it extremely well... but it still affected him." Songyi replied, trying to be as vague as she possibly could. "Look Jimin, he cares about you, a lot. He will tell you everything, eventually, you've just got to give him time to say it to himself first." Songyi added, sending Jimin a sad smile as she watched Jungkook stir slightly but it wasn't long before he went back to sleep. Jimin just nodded slowly, understanding what she was saying.

"Come on, I'll help you escape and get rid of that heavy weight. He doesn't look like it but I know he's too heavy." Songyi smirked, walking closer to them.

She gently lifted Jungkook off of Jimin, allowing him to get up from the bench, and then the two of them supported one of his arms each on their shoulders and carried the sleeping Jungkook up into the orphanage and his room. After laying him onto the bed Songyi quickly grabbed a blanket and laid it over her favourite child. Songyi turned around to find Jimin standing behind her, his innocent eyes on Jungkook.