Chapter XX

When Jungkook said they were going for a date, what Jimin definitely did not imagine was an hour long bus ride to a place Jimin never knew existed in Busan. The entire bus ride consisted of an awkward silence with tension constantly building up between the two. Neither of them uttered a word or tried to speak to the other. This definitely was completely different from all the dates Jimin had so far. Once they arrived at their destination, Jungkook stood up and dragged Jimin along. Jimin looked around the place trying to decipher where in hell they actually were when his eyes caught the name of the place written on the bus stop. 'Geumnyeonsan Mountain'. Jimin's jaw dropped open at that. He had heard about these mountains from his mother. This was the place where his parents first confessed their love to each other after being in an arranged marriage for a whole year.

"Jungkook what-" Jimin asked with a cracked voice.

But Jungkook just ignored him and pulled him again for another 10 minute long hike. At last when they were finally at the peak, Jungkook made Jimin sit at one of the benches and handed him a bottle of water he had carried along. Jimin gladly took the bottle and gobbled down the water that tasted like the elixir of life at the moment after such a long travel. Thankfully since it was early October it wasn't so hot and the weather too was pleasant.

'Is this what he calls a date ? It seems more like a military physical training.' Jimin thought to himself while giving Jungkook a side glance.

He noticed that Jungkook was looking straight ahead so instinctively he turned his head too and gasped at what lay in front of him. Even though he had heard a lot about this place, he never really had the chance to visit because of being under constant security. He was the youngest son of the most reputed CEOs in Busan and his parents were always afraid that any potential enemy might use Jimin for revenge. That is exactly why he was home schooled in the first place. It was only when he turned sixteen that his parents became a little bit lenient, but even so, he was always kept under supervision.

Setting everything apart, the view that Jimin was now seeing made him regret never coming here before. It was beautiful, calm and so breathtaking. From up there, one could see the entirety of Busan and it was a sight to behold. It was getting dark and the small building and settlements were starting to illuminate one by one making the atmosphere more serene and out-worldly. The entire experience was new and Jimin found it so beautiful how everything looked so tiny from where they were. As if there was nothing over him that would hold him back. Like he was somewhere up in clouds.

"It's so pretty..." Jimin said subconsciously.

"It is." Jungkook said, chuckling a little.

'So the entire drill was to come up here. Not bad, quite a nice place for a date.' Jimin said in his mind whilst staring at Jungkook.

'Wow ! He looks even more handsome like this.' Jimin thought again as he absentmindedly gawked at Jungkook.

Jungkook noticed Jimin staring at him and decided to speak up. That was the reason he had brought Jimin up there in the first place. So Jungkook took a deep breath and looked directly into Jimin's eyes. Immediately Jimin was snapped out of his daze and he looked away from Jungkook, slightly shy for being caught staring. Jimin just hoped Jungkook wouldn't notice the red tinge forming on his cheek. On the contrary, Jungkook was mustering up all his courage to tell Jimin whatever he felt, open up to him and let Jimin into his heart. But before he could say anything, he felt the voice in his head stop him again and words remained stuck in his throat once more. Jungkook looked away and closed his eyes, eyebrows furrowing in turmoil. Jimin seemed to notice this and instantly got worried.

"Jungkook. You okay ?" Jimin asked.

And as soon as Jungkook heard that sweet voice filled with so much concern, he pushed his mind and logic aside and gave in to what his heart felt. He had to do it, he had to tell Jimin everything. So he gathered all his courage and spoke up.