Chapter 29 - Last chance

A week later:

Since I came back home, I'm always having these strange dreams. Like, someone is trying to tell me something, and it's always the same thing... The week went better than ever, I learned a lot of things, just what I needed to do my next move...

I still was failing my mission, every single time. I went to Pain's office, knowing he won't allow me the thing I want to do, but still. I entered the office, without knocking, he glanced at me.

- Send me again.

- You should be really-

- Send me again. – I knew I was putting oil in the fire, but he got up from the chair and hit the desk with his fist.

- Are you crazy? You want to die? Under no circumstances I will send you again. Don't even dare coming and asking for it ever again! – he yelled at me, I was surprised, he never was acting like this before. I just left the office, a little bit sad, but I understand... I went to the kitchen where I found Itachi who was making dangos. I really wanted to try some, but he was probably still mad at me...

- Hey, Y/n. -He heard someone coming and he turned his head back, seeing me.

- I think I should... apologize to you one more time. – I was feeling too guilty to look in his eyes.

- It's fine. I know you didn't want to. You should thank to Deidara, he was convincing me all the time to stop acting like a jerk, I guess he was right.

- He talked with you? – I was surprised, Deidara really hated Itachi and I didn't even know why.

- Yeah, you know, he will do everything for you to be happy. You should keep being on his side. – He smiled friendly and handed me a plate of dangos.

- Thank you, Itachi. – I smiled too, making my way to my room. It was actually Deidara's room but I just moved all my stuffs in his, so it was mine too. He wasn't here, he went on a mission an hour ago. After I ate the dangos I went to my spot, wanting to try something away from others. Recently I had this strange feeling that something is strange, like, I don't use the chakra properly. Like it was in front of my eyes, but I wasn't doing the exact thing I should do.

I was already at my spot, it was all quiet and calm.

"Here we go..." I summoned a tiny flame in my palm. I put a lot of chakra in it, even for a small flame like this. I threw it in the huge rock in front of me, making it crack.

"Hm. Nice. Let's try something else" I summoned again the fire, this time in a shape of scythe. It was just long as my heigh, and I just slit the rock in half. A little smirk appeared on my face. My plan was finally clean, I just had to wait till the moon rose...

A few hours later:

Deidara and Sasori returned form their mission, and Deidara was really exhausted. He just pecked me on my cheek and went to sleep. I waited for everyone to go to sleep and then I woke up Deidara, just because I thought I should tell him where am I going.

-W-What, un. Are you alright? -I woke him up, he was confused because I was dressed up and I was standing on top of him, trying to wake him.

- I'm going on a mission, don't worry if I don't come in the morning. He caught my hips, not allowing me to move.

- What mission? Pain didn't give you any mission. – He was looking suspicious at me, I just looked trough the window.

- I'm going there again, for a last time. Come if you want, but don't try to stop me. – I glanced at him, with my very serious look. He understood he can't stop me, so he just got up and get dressed.

- You are going to kill us both... - He was ready and we both went quietly trough the hideout to the road to Orochimaru's hideout.

- Believe in me this time. I just feel it... - he took my hand and soon we arrived. It was all silent around it. – Listen what the plan is. - he nodded at me. – We will attack from long distance. Don't fight them, leave it to me, please. I know exactly what to do. – he nodded at me again and I make a gesture at him to take a few steps back. I summoned the fire, I wanted all of it and I got it. My eyes burned, the fire eyeliner took over my eyes with the rinnegan. I made a huge fire scythe and I jumped on the ground, because it was hard to move it between the trees. With my other hand I summoned only heat, no flames, just a lot of chakra. I kneeled, touching the ground with my heated hand, making the whole ground hotter. The heat went to the ground under the hideout, making it a huge sauna. Soon, Kabuto showed up from one of the windows, and his eyes widened as he saw me. I wasn't wasting any minute and I made my scythe even bigger, it was as big as one of the trees.

- I promised you, didn't I... - I yelled as I slit the whole hideout in two, like I did with the rock. The whole roof slipped and fell on the other part of the forest, showing everything that is happening inside. A huge snake showed up from nothing, with Orochimaru on top of it. When I was in the Leaf I had seen Lady Tsunade doing the same, so it wasn't a big mystery. I didn't need to summon any fire waves or anything, instead I heated my whole body, hot as lava. The snake couldn't reach to me, it melted before trying to eat me. Orochimaru widened his eyes, and he summoned another snake, which shared the same path as the previous one. I wanted to make it quickly so I just started with Kabuto who was closest to me. He tried to stop me, but I took him in the air, choking him with my burning hand. His flesh all over my hand, he passed away in my arm. I hoped this one isn't a clone, so I just threw his body away, and I was right... Next was Sasuke. I didn't want to kill him, so I avoid his lighting, teleporting behind him, burning his arms with my fire balls, so he couldn't hold a sword or make another lighting.

- T-Traitor... - he fainted from the pain.

- Now, it's your turn. – He took a few steps back. – And you will pay the most, for all the marks on me... - He tried to run, but I caught him with a fire whip, wrapping it around his neck.

- You-- - he tried to mumble something, but I caught his chin in my fingers, leaving burned marks on it.

- What an awful mark... - I touched his cheek, playing with his skin as clay. He was groaning from pain, but I just finished him quick, snatching the heart from his body. He starred at me, completely shocked, then – passed out in my hands. If only it could be that easy from the beginning...

I summoned all the fire I had, burning the whole place down, keeping Sasuke safe. There is someone who wants to meet him, so I should be empathetic and keep him alive.

As the whole place was now only ashes, I felt how I'm out of chakra, the rinnegan disappeared, the heat too, and I felt like I will faint. Hopefully, Deidara was still here, he came and caught me, before falling.

-Thank you. – I tried my best to stay conscious, he took me on the big clay birdand we both were flying home.